Chapter 14 : Aftermath

3rd POV

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM*

(Something like this : https://tenor.com/1qB7.gif)

A massive purple and dense energy shot out of Hajin's gun in the form of a big beam of light, although in this case, it was not light, but darkness.

It hit the butterfly sappling, and without even having the chance to resist, the monster was erased from existence. The beam continued to travel through the island, disintegrating whatever  that came into its path and didn't even left a single atom behind. It erased the entire part of the island that was in its direction. Thankfully, no living person was in that direction.

The sky began to darken, Nothing survived. The only thing left was the burned blakish land that was below the attack. Even when it didn't come into direct contact with it, the attack power and the heat emanating from the attack itself was too great.

However, the attackd didn't stop there. It continued to travel and split apart the ocean on a few kilometers.

 It continued to travel and split apart the ocean on a few kilometers

(I don't own this gif)

The sea waves had stopped at one place, not filling the empty space as if something was preventing it from doing so. In truth, this was due to spatial flunctuations of the attack. Even with such a small output value set by the creator, the damage was not small at all.

After a few seconds, which seemed like an eternity to the ones that were watching, the water finally began to fill up as the people were trying to comprehend what had just happened.  those being Hajin, Rachel, Seung-Ah and the other proctors that were watching from a distance, and boss, who was using Jain's camouflage to hide her presence.

[... That was more than I had expected. It seems that the particles and structures in this world and lower than average. But I guess, since the planet itself wasn't destroyed, its still fine, right?]

No need to say, but all of these people, without any exceptions, were extremely bewildered. At the same time, a golden light started to shine near Hajin's shoulder. It was Evandel in her seed form, who had suddenly started shinning.

The seed jumped from his shoulder, went to Rachel, and hid behind her back. It seemed that it was scared of that blakish energy, but it also seemed to be interested in it.

Thankfully, no one noticed Evandel, except of course, Hajin and Rachel herself. Hajin because he was very close to Evandel, and Rachel because she had felt something hit her back. Rachel quickly put the seed in her pocket and looked at Hajin.

"......."

"......."

Silence. That was all there was, except for the sound of the disturbed sea waves and the rushing winds due to thermal flunctuations, no sound could be heard. No one dared to say something in that situation.