Chapter 34 : Sidelines[2]

3rd POV

Yeonha was walking in a long hallway with an expressionless face, but also seemed to be in deep thoughts.

Yeonha POV

This month was too surprising for me. So many things happening in these few days... I don't really know what to do...

Even today, everything was going fine. I was supposed to go to England at Clancey Islet with the travelling group. It was all good until... that person contacted me...

Just as I had thought, he had already advanced his way to the English Royal Family. It seems that he had a good relationship with them as well. I had initially predicted that he might face some problems because first, Rachel was the Princess, and the one who would succeed the throne. Although that was not what mattered as the main reason was the King himself.

I had seen him in a few meetings while negotiations between Essence of the Straight and the English Royal Court. He usually came with his wife, the Queen. And from what data I had gathered, he was a family man. So something like his daughter suddenly having a lover might cause some problems.

But what I had forgot was the absolute power that Hajin possessed. If my report on his gift was previously a 5 star, it had now reached unrankable, as there was no other such gift even comparable to that, the same with Rachel as well. It seems that she was also hiding her powers, or maybe she acquired it from Hajin? I don't know... and I don't want to know...

"May I come in." I asked while nocking on the door.

"Yes." A voice came from behind the door, encouraging me to open it.

"What's the matter Yeonha? It's strange for you come find me at this time of the day." Father asked as soon as I entered the room and closed the door.

Approaching the table, I stared at the man that was my father...

'He's getting old" It was not but a few weeks ago that slight wrinkles started appearing on his face

'He's getting old" It was not but a few weeks ago that slight wrinkles started appearing on his face. Although he could keep them hidden with magic, it was without a doubt a sign that he was getting weak.

"Father, you remember the person that I told you about, right?"

"... Yes? You're talking about the first rank of cube, right?"

"Hmm." She noded, "Apparently, as I told you a few days ago, it seems that he has a relationship with the Princess of England."

"Hmm... I remember. What about it?" He asked.

"Well, as you know, England is holding an event at Clancey Islet where one of their companies will be introducing methods to utilize the white crystals."

"Indeed, that's the biggest event that England has held in several years. However, since only specific people were invited, and guild leaders are not included in the guest list, I am unavailable to go there..." He sighed.