Chapter 10 : Progress(Part 2)

3rd Person POV

Night had came and just like that, another day had passed. A man was sitting on a chair that was in front of a table. His looks were... Average to say at least. 

He wasn't particularly handsome, but he was not bad either. A beautiful princessthat could be compared to Elf Beauty was sitting on the chair perpendicular to him. She was eating what seemed like grilled meat, the difference was that the meat was not normal, It was monster meat. 

But that wasn't the problem, in fact, it seemed that this was common here, as the other person was also eating peacefully.

A few minutes passed. Both who had finished eating, stood up. The man walked towards the tent while the beautiful lady went towards a fallen tree. Just than, the mancalled out,

"Rachel... don't tell me you're planning on sleeping outside?"

"Yes? There's no other place, and someone has to stay on guard, right?"

"Don't worry about that. This tent has an auto-defense function. I also have a skill that lets me detect enemy moments. So come inside."

"But Hajin, I--"

"No Buts. Be a good girl and don't cause my pride as a man to shatter."

"..."

The beautiful girl, now by the name of Rachel, seemed as if she gave up as the man, called Hajin, kept insisting. She than followed him inside.

 Now one might be wondering, why does she trust him so blindly? Even if they were teammates, a girl shouldn't follow a man into a closed space. 

However, that didn't matter to Rachel as she had complete trust in Kim Hajin. That was because that man, Hajin had saved her life many times. Therefore, she trusted Hajin to the point where even if he did something that was not like him, she would not hate him.

The man had saved her many times, sure, but he didn't take anything in return. Or the things that he asked for weren't worthy of the work that he did, at least in front of the princess's eyes. She hadn't fallen in love with him. Rather, it was the fact that she wanted to repay him, some way or another. That meant that even if he asked her something perverted, she wouldn't hate him.

At least... that was what she though.

In fact, she had probably fallen in love with him, but didn't realize it. Actually, she didn't want to realize it. That was because she was a princess. The sole princess of England and the heir to the throne. The Future queen. 

Therefore, she thought that as a princess, if wouldn't be fitting of her to love someone romantically, at least for the time being. She thought that if she did so, not only will her citizens think bad about her, but also that she was afraid. Afraid that something might happen to the person she loved.

She wasn't like this at first. In fact, she was very free spirited when she was a child. If one was to compare the personality of Rachel's current self with her childhood self, they would say that both were different persons. However, this was not her fault. It was a trauma. A fear of harm comming to the ones dear to her.

This was all because of a certain incident in her childhood. A butler, as well as someone close to her. The family of that butler was killed by Djjins when  the royal castle was attacked by High Level Djjins. 

Although the royals were protected by the knights and other powerful people, same couldn't be said for one that was not Royalty.

Just as that, the family of a person dear to her was killed. The cause? The butler had asked for help, but the guards and other people was too bussy trying to protect the Royalty that they almost forgot about the others.