Chapter 23 : Revealed Truth, Evandel and more... All in One!

3rd POV

"Good morning... or should I say, Good Evening?" Hajin said while leisurely laying on Rachel's lap.

"... G-good morning!" She said as she hurriedly tried to get up but Hajin stopped her from getting up by forcing his head down on her laps.

"Just stay like this for a while..." He said as he again closed his eyes.

His confidence had now increased. And he was confident that Rachel had feelings for him, so she wouldn't deny a request like this, otherwise, why would she do it in the first place?

Rachel widened her eyes a little in surprise but soon layed down again and relaxed on the sofa.She hesitated at first but soon started caressing his face again while holding her embarrassment.

After a while, once Hajin was satisfied for the time being, he opened his eyes again and looked at Rachel with seriousness filled in his expression. Rachel, seeing this, stopped caressing him and shifted her attention to him.

"Now..."

She tensed up, thinking that he was angry at her for something, hoping that that was not the case.

"... It's time to answer your question." He said as his previous smile returned to his face with a playful expression.

"... Huh?" Rachel was left baffled by the sudden change in mood. She got embarrassed and averted her eyes to the window, as if she had found something really interesting there.

'Your expression is so cute!' He said that in his head, but accidently, he had said that aloud in the real world too.

Rachel's face got even more red, meanwhile Hajin realized that he had said that out aloud. 

The atmosphere became awkward as both sides were embarrassed. But Hajin was the first to break the silence.

"A-as I was saying, it's time to answer your questions." Hajin said as he pulled out a brown-colored seed from [Imaginary Space] and put it on the table. The seed, which was now the side of a small bag, had purple and golden engravings on each of its side.

Rachel noticed that but decided to ignore it for the time being when Hajin started talking.

"To answer your first question that you asked while we were training, about the "HE" that gave us these powers." Hajin said and paused for a second so Rachel could turn her attention to him. He was still laying on her lap.

"Put in two words, it's God." He said.

"... huh?" Rachel said, she couldn't register what she had heard. 

God? Did he actually exist? While religions existed, there was no religion in this world because of the Apocalypse. That was because the concept of "Monsters" and "Magic" existed. Scientists had found ways to get to the core of almost anything with enough research. All the religious text was also destroyed because of the Apocalypse. When the world faced the apocalypse, a large percentage or mankind, along with all the old history books and much more had been destroyed. 

Because of the existence of Magic, there was no concept of God in this world. So how? Did God actually exist? Rachel began thinking deeply in her mind. Now that she thought about it, it all made sense. Hajin and her powers were not something that should exist in this world, they were too powerful. So a greater force giving them these powers seemed more logical than just a random stroke of luck.

However, Hajin abrupted her thoughts as he spoke while holding her face with his extended hand.

"... ?"

"You don't need to think to deeply about it. Just take it as granted. We currently have all the time we want, so you don't need to take it all in your brain at once. Process it slowly, otherwise you won't understand it either. Leave that aside for now." He said.