Music

I don't think that there is one person on this planet to not like music...the genre doesn't matter.

I love it as well... because sometimes music makes me better than people do.

Last night, I played the violin again - Waltz no.2 Dmitri Shostakovich, such a melancholic piece...and it got me thinking..
The first time I heard a violin play, I was enchanted... I knew I had to learn how tolay it too... but I also knew that it was my dad's favourite instrument and I wanted to make him proud of me.

My first violin teacher had the biggest impact on me. He was a middle-aged russian man who craved perfection and happy songs. I didn't know that in the beginning...
I didn't always practice as he told me, and as a beginner, I couldn't hide that.
He didn't have a lot of patience and often physically punished me for every note that was out of tune or every shaking bow...he scared me...he made me believe that I will never be able to play the violin properly and make people love listening to my songs. He was the first person to tell me that I would never be good enough. I was 8.. Those words really stuck with me.
And since then, he altered the way I hear myself play...

Then I changed teachers, I improved...I participated in contests, but his words never left me...and I started to hate playing the violin. I even broke one or 2 violins out of rage...

Then I was asked to teach some kids in my church how to play the violin, and I realised that they suck, pretty bad...they didn't practice...but I didnt want to be like my first teacher,  I wanted to give them a good start...and after a few months of me struggling to keep them motivated, it happened...all the hard work paid off. They managed to play the violin properly. Through them, I managed to see myself and get some closure... I fell in love with my violin again.

I feel like sometimes in life, we keep holding on to some words or actions that make us fail. We are collecting some type of baggage that isn't worth carrying or worth remembering.

Just like music can be interpreted in so many ways and still be seen as beautiful, we should allow ourselves to live freely and play by our notes and rhythm.