5.

~•~•~•~𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

~•~•~•~
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬.
~•~•~•~

Cato's view:

"Let's watch the Reaping of the other tributes." Enobaria, my mentor, says to us.

I don't need to look at the others, I know that I am the best of all. I've trained my whole life for these Games, and now is my moment to show everyone who I am and what I am capable of. I will be remembered because I will be one of the victors.

I beat everyone in the academy, I'm sure the arena will be child's play.

"Is it necessary?" Clove, my district partner, asks in an irritated tone. She's right, we both know we don't need to look at the others.

"Yes, because we shouldn't underestimate anyone. You should know who you'll be dealing with in the arena." I roll my eyes but, still, I decide that I will listen to her. We don't have anything else to do anyway, at least I should bother to know who I'm going to kill.

The girl from the District 1 looks like a spoiled little girl. She will probably try to charm the audience, but that won't work for me. She doesn't look like she's skilled with any weapons, so she'll be an easy target.

The guy looks like he's in good physical shape, but still not as good as me. Probably, it won't be a problem to kill him.

"Remember, in the beginning, you have to work together with them to dominate the others." Brutus, our other mentor, reminds us. We both with Clove nod.

We miss our district and I can imagine the faces of the other tributes when they watch our reaping. Surely some of them are already planning how will they not get in my way. I don't want to be in their place.

The other few districts are boring, they all seem easy to kill. Even in District 11, I see a 12-years old girl. Clove and I share a small laugh. They couldn't have made it easier for me.

I was right. Watching the Reaping day was a complete waste of time. I'm ready to see District 12 and then hear everyone tell me that the others don't stand a chance against me.

They choose some girl who is probably Clove's age, only the difference is that Clove can fight. This girl doesn't look like she's ever held a weapon in her life. As in all other districts, all the people are shocked and the girl is the most. But something happens, something unusual.

A Volunteer. A Volunteer in District 12?

"That's new." Clove finds it slightly funny, but I notice something else. Something that grabs your attention as soon as you see this girl.

Her eyes.

I can see the fear in her green eyes. Apparently, she's only volunteering because she doesn't want the other girl to participate in the Games. She hardly has any chance of winning, which can be clearly understood.