12.

~•~•~•~𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬

~•~•~•~
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬.
~•~•~•~

"District 1, we have a lovely young woman and her name is Glimmer. Let's see if she does indeed shine, let's have a warm round of applause for Glimmer!"

The girl from District 1 enters the stage with a bright smile, wearing a pink short dress and she waves it everywhere. The audience immediately starts clapping and shouting as if she were some kind of doll. I certainly wouldn't have been able to do this role even if I had practiced all day.

"Look at you! Look at you!" Caesar is also impressed with her outfit. Glimmer giggles and waves to the audience. I can't decide if she's acting dumb right now or if she really is.

Her interview continues with nothing but giggles and almost every word she says doesn't make much sense. Glimmer acts like a spoiled little girl, but the people of the Capitol like that. But most of the tributes are almost as annoyed as I am.

Marvel then takes the stage. He talks about how he's always dreamed of being in the Hunger Games and he's so glad that his childhood dream will come true. I roll my eyes at his words because I'm sure he doesn't play any role. It is clear to me that they have been training for this moment all their lives, it just seems foolish to me.

"Now, from District 2! Another volunteer, please welcome Clove!" It's Cato's district partner's turn. She looks very sweet on stage, smiling at the audience and looking slightly innocent. But the moment she starts telling Caesar how good she is with knives, that innocence disappears.

"I'm the best. I could kill you from clear across the stage." The audience is impressed and Caesar seems a little afraid.

Here comes Cato's turn. I wonder what his role will be. Probably the boy who is ready to do anything to win, but that won't even be a role, it's himself. Although on the rooftop for the moment I saw another side of him.

"I'm sure you all know him by now! From District 2, please welcome Cato!" People are going crazy, everyone is clapping and shouting like crazy, especially the girls. The boy has gained a lot of popularity among women.

"Okay! Okay! Calm down, everyone!" After a few seconds, everyone falls silent. "So you're here by choice?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Well, I think these are the greatest Games ever invented. And I just want to be here to win it, and it's something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid. It's amazing!"

Hearing these words makes me sick. I was prepared to hear something like that from him, but I still felt sick. I don't know if I'm angry because he is talking such nonsense or if it makes me sad that he thinks that way. Of course, it's part of his role, but the first days I met him, he was saying the same things. The boy is so brainwashed.