7.

~•~•~•~𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

~•~•~•~
𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.
~•~•~•~

No one pays attention we have entered the training room, except Cato. His eyes move up and down my body and then he looks away from me.

Yes, he will surely forget about me. - I say to myself sarcastically.

Once my focus is no longer on the boy from District 2, I can see that we are all dressed the same, and all tributes are gathered in a tight circle. Peeta and I join the circle and the head instructor, named Atala, begins to explain the training plan.

"In two weeks, 23 of you will be dead, and one of you will be alive. Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days. First - no fighting with the other tributes, you have plenty of time for that at the arena. There are four compulsory exercises, the rest will be individual training. My advice is don't ignore the survival skills. Everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes. Ten percent from infection, twenty percent from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife."

While Atala explains to us, I look at the rest of the tributes and I can tell that most of them are much bigger than me. But even if at first glance they look stronger than me, they are actually very clumsy and I am in very good physical shape, so the odds are on my side. Of course, not against the careers, unlike the rest, their physical training is excellent.

Cato seems to notice that I'm looking at everyone because his gaze goes where mine is. He's trying to figure out where I'm looking and after a few seconds it's clear to him what I'm doing but I decide to stop. I feel stupid for making it so obvious. I look over at Cato to find him already looking at me with a slightly open mouth and a cocky face. When he sees that I am also looking at him, a small smile appears on his lips and I decide to look away.

I better look at the ground.

When Atala releases us, the careers head straight for the deadliest-looking weapons in the gym. Peeta and I follow Haymitch's plan - we stay away from the stations we are good at and go to those where we can learn something new. 

I decide to go learn how to tie knots. There is no one at that station and that surprises me because I think the things you can learn here can be useful for the Hunger Games. The instructor even shows me how to make a trap that would leave its human victim hanging from a tree by one leg.

I deal with the knots for about an hour and then thank the instructor for the skills he taught me. Not that I need to thank him, that's their job after all, but the guy was going out of his way to help me. I see that Peeta is at the disguise station and decide to go to him.