11.

~•~•~•~𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲

~•~•~•~
𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲.
~•~•~•~

Cato's view:

"Oh, um... here's your jacket. I forgot to give it to you earlier." She breaks the awkward silence.

"You can keep it. I won't need it for much longer anyway." Plus I like her wearing it.

I don't know what is happening to me, but for the first time, I can feel such peace with someone. She keeps me calm, just by looking into her eyes and I already know that everything is fine.

"You like telling people what to do, don't you?"

"Well, I always know what's better. That's why people better listen to me." I indeed like to have it my way. That way, the benefits are always for me.

"Soо, you know this jacket better be with me because..."

"Because it looks better on you than it does on me."

I move closer to her to take the jacket from her hands and put it on her. She manages to put it on herself, but I still stay the same distance from her, which is not very far. When she is ready I decide to put my hands on her waist and that visibly surprises her.

I find it amusing, but I try not to show it. Her beautiful green eyes look into mine and so on for half a minute. I allow myself to look at her lips as well, but the moment I do, I immediately return my gaze to her eyes. I better not, because I'll be tempted to do something else.

I can see that she is slightly confused and worried, but It's clear to me why. I decide to ask her anyway.

"Is something wrong, Melly?"

Melanie's view:

Melly? What the fuck is Melly?

And how can he ask me if there is something wrong when he keeps behaving in that strange way with me? I'm angry that he makes me feel so weak because I know that I have no chance compared to him. So far I have never thought that I am anything less than others but with Cato, I know that he is the better of the two of us physically. This is what makes me feel weak.

"No... I-um... everything is fine." I answer like a complete idiot. How can I say such a thing? It's terrible.

"You sure?" The only thing I'm sure of is that he's doing it on purpose to make fun of me.

"Yes. I'm sure." With my answer, he finally lets me go.

That was too much, I'm mad at myself for letting it happen. Is this his strategy? Make me fall in love with him and then kill me? I'm not that stupid, there's no way a person can fall in love with me so easily.

"It's getting late. I should probably go back to my apartment." I say. I feel exhausted from today, I want to go to bed.

"Okay. I'll stay a little longer, I don't feel like going to bed." I just nod and go to the elevator. Cato must be used to physical exertion, but I am not. But the day itself was tiring, I felt so many emotions in such a short time. And tomorrow will be even harder.