8.

~•~•~•~"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝"~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝"
~•~•~•~

"Are you following me?"

"I was here first, you're the one following me," I answer. This time I'm not as nervous as yesterday. Somehow, after today's show Cato gave us, I don't find him so scary, but just a person who has anger problems.

He chuckles and turns to face me. It makes me look at him too, and his blue eyes look at me. There's something special about those eyes but I can't tell what's it. Maybe that's the only thing I like about Cato.

"Well 12, are you going to tell me about your talents, or let me guess?"

"First, I have a name. Stop calling me 12." I don't know why but it annoys me. It annoys me that he didn't bother to remember my name. Not because it's important to me that he knows my name, but at least he should know who he's talking to. But I know, I shouldn't care about that.

Cato finds it funny that I get annoyed by the number he calls me. For the first time, I feel him as a normal person, like we won't have to kill each other. Well of course, not very normal, it's Cato after all. That thought brings me back to reality by reminding me that his behavior may just be part of his role.

"I know your name, Melanie." The way he says my name surprises me. I don't want it to show on my face that I am pleasantly surprised. He must be very good at manipulating people "Don't you like it when I call you 12?"

"You don't need to call me anything. But no... I don't like that name." It's not even a name, it's just a number. I don't know why I'm even having this conversation with him, it doesn't matter after all.

"Okay, okay... Now seriously. Will you tell me what you can do?" I can see that he is curious, maybe that's why he behaves so normally with me. Not because he's friendly, but because he feels more or less threatened by me. Well, not specifically from me, but from the attention I get.

"Nothing special. I'm from District 12, what do you expect me to be able to do?" I lie. Of course, I won't reveal my talent to Cato. That's the only thing I have against him, I can't let him find out.

"Hmm... you are lying to me. I look you in the eye and see you lie to me." The blond boy gets closer to me. "Don't think you're so smart and that you can fool me for the role of the innocent girl. I'll find out what you can do and make sure you don't have a chance to use it." The normal conversation we were having, quickly turned into a threat. This is my sign to leave.

"I don't have to tell you anything, even, I think I told you more than enough for today." I walk past him and get into the elevator, hoping he didn't follow me. This boy scares me and I want nothing to do with him. It was a mistake to even think that there might be something normal about Cato.