9.

~•~•~𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?~•~•~

~•~•~
𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?
~•~•~

Peeta and I take the elevator to the 12th floor and I am more silent than ever. I still can't figure out what happened but I don't think it'll be good. Honestly, I'm scared, Cato might want to threaten me or even do something to me. I know the tributes can't fight each other before going to the arena, but who knows what Cato is gonna do.

"You alright?" Peeta asks me.

"Um... yeah... I'm good."

"You don't look like that. Look, I know it's not right to get close when we know only one of us is going to leave the arena, but we don't have to act like strangers when no one is watching." I turn to face him.

I know it's rude of me to ignore him whenever it's just the two of us, but I don't want to make the mistake of getting attached. I can't take another loss of someone close to me. Also, Peeta has this talent of making people like him easily. I don't know if he does it on purpose but I don't want to feel bad, if he dies.

"Sorry, it's not personal to you. I just can't accept the fact that one of us is going to die, maybe even both of us." My head just can't take it. This incredibly nice boy will probably try to kill me in a few days, and I wouldn't even expected it.

We both enter our apartment and head to our rooms.

"It's weird to me too. How one day can change your whole life. Do you realize that three days ago we were at home and now we are here? So much luxury but at what price?" At least they feed us and take care of us before we go into the arena. I've heard that in the first Hunger Games, they didn't even feed the tributes, but left them to their own devices. It's a good thing we won't starve before we enter the arena.

"At the cost of our lives" I answer. We both look at each other and that's the last thing we say. I go to my room and he to his.

I had the intention of getting some rest but I never manage to do it. The closer it gets to 9 o'clock the more anxious I feel. Should I tell Haymitch? I promised him I wouldn't do any more stupid things, but I feel like I have to go. Somehow the thought of leaving Cato waiting for me and me not coming, makes me feel bad.

I don't know what to do. I'll go eat. I know when I'm hungry I can't think straight.

~•~

Me, Peeta, Haymitch, and Effie are having dinner. Portia and Cinna are working on our costumes for our interviews with Caesar Flickerman.

"Tomorrow the gamemakers will rate you individually. Make sure they remember you, this is your chance to win sponsors. The higher your score is, the more sponsors. There will be a bow - use it, and you, Peeta, can show how strong you are. The most important thing is to stay calm so you don't screw something up. Got it?"