17.

~•~•~•~𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲?~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲?
~•~•~•~

It's already dark, my guests have made a fire and I can hear what they are talking about. What strikes me is Glimmer constantly looking to be around Cato. I feel like the only thing she can do is giggle like a little girl. However, he is sometimes impressed by her dumb jokes, and I can't tell if he does it on purpose or if he really finds them amusing. Not that I'm jealous in any way, but I'd happily wish she was dead already. Mainly because my bow is in her hands, and it shouldn't be. It would be better if she could at least use it properly.

I don't see any faces in the sky tonight. Probably the most interesting thing of the day was my trying to escape from the burning forest. I'm sure that some people were disappointed that I didn't die. I can't and don't want to imagine how Gale and Layla must have felt watching me. They certainly didn't enjoy it either.

I try to relax and sleep but fail. The pain is excruciating, this was no ordinary burn, but a whole fire on my leg. I take out my water bottle and with shaking hands I drip a drop onto the burn and almost scream. Nothing will happen with this water, I need medicine to recover. I bet there is something in the Cornucopia that can help me, but getting there is mission impossible.

I hear some beeping from the sky and I look up to see what it is. I see a small parachute come to rest in the branches of the tree I am on. This must be a sponsor gift! I untie myself and with the strength I have left, I climb up to take the gift. I return to my seat and open the box. I see I have a note written.

You are doing well, that will help you stay alive, -H.

So Haymitch managed to get me sponsors. I don't know how much I'm grateful to him, he's saving my life right now. I didn't even suspect that someone might want to sponsor me. Good thing Haymitch is more persuasive than I am. I apply the cream to the wound and even now I can feel a slight relief. 

"Thank you, Haymitch," I say quietly. He hasn't forgotten me. The medicine must cost an astronomical amount. Probably not one but many sponsors bought it, even if it was such a small thing. It is priceless to me. 

After the pain starts to subside, I close my eyes and fall asleep.

~•~

I wake up and realize that I slept well that night because I didn't wake up even once. Probably because of all the exhaustion. I see that everyone else is sleeping, which tells me that it is still early in the morning. It makes me a little sick to see that Glimmer has fallen asleep next to Cato. Her head is resting on his arm, but it doesn't look like they were cuddling. At least I hope they didn't.

I look down at my leg and see the burn is almost gone. I can't believe how quickly the wound disappeared. But that's what the Capitol medicines are like, they're expensive but at the same time, they can save your life. Now that the pain isn't so bad, I can feel the hunger. I eat a few crackers because I know my stomach should be at least a little full. I drink some of the water, but it's not enough. I need real food.