26.

~•~•~•~𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬?~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~
𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬?
~•~•~•~

I immediately throw the berries from my hand and try to get off the Cornucopia. Two winners? As much as I don't want to believe it, I know that Cato must be dead by now. Even if I heard that there are two victors, I know that cannot be true. Even if I wish it were.

When I manage to get down, I go to Cato's body and see that he isn't moving. I burst into tears and lean over his body because I don't want to leave him alone. I see my tears fall on his face and I beg him to wake up but there is no reaction. No, no, It can't be too late.

I feel someone grabs my shoulders and pulls me somewhere. Annoyed at being pulled away from Cato's body, I drive an elbow into the stomach of the man who is holding me and run towards his body. However, this messes things up and several peacekeepers come to hold me and pull me towards the hovercraft. I see some people dressed in white taking Cato's body away. 

"No! Leave him alone! Leave him alone!" I shout like crazy. 

When they manage to get me into the hovercraft I start to freak out even more because I see they're not taking Cato with me. I forget that we're not in the Games anymore and see the doctors as just another threat out to kill. 

They drag me to some room and lock me in it. I immediately recognize a familiar face, but I don't pay much attention. I can see through the round glass in the door as the doctors take Cato to some other room. I bang on the glass and then I hear Haymitch's voice.

"Calm down, Melanie!" He says and then I feel someone jab an injection into my shoulder. My muscles suddenly go limp and I am unable to fight the peacekeepers and doctors. My eyes close on their own, and the last thing I see is everyone hovering over my face.

~•~

I wake up and at first, I'm afraid to move. I see that several tubes have been inserted into my right arm. There is nothing in the room but my bed and a chair next to it. It's hard for me to realize where I am and if I'm really alive. Maybe it's just a dream, maybe I'm dead and this is some other world. I try to remember what happened last but the memories keep slipping out of my brain.

I look at my body and see that it has nothing to do with what it was when I was in the arena. It's cleaned to perfection and I don't have a single wound. The burning on my leg is completely gone as if I never had it. I still feel tired even when I don't have any wounds. As I try to sit up, Haymitch walks into my room, not looking particularly pleased to see me. I guess he wanted to see Peeta, not me.

"I wouldn't try to move if I were you. The anesthetic is still in your body." Haymitch says.

"Am I alive?"