22.

~•~•~•~"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮

~•~•~•~
"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮."
~•~•~•~

For people to believe that we are in love, a kiss on the cheek is not enough. Not that Cato and I haven't kissed before, but they don't know that. And that's the thing they want to see, the thing that will appeal to all the people in the Capitol. 

The problem is that I don't know how these things happen. Cato seems to have more experience in this. I saw how he was talking to Glimmer, I'm not saying they kissed but he just knows how to charm a girl. However, I saw how important she actually was to him when he simply ran away from the tracker jackers without helping her. 

"Cato!" I return to him and see that he has drifted off. I look at his wound and see that it's getting worse as if there is no blood left in that leg. This stresses me out even more.

"Is this medicine?"

"No, it's soup. But that's also something, you need something to eat."

Cato tried to resist me and got nervous again but eventually, he managed to eat all the soup. I admit, it was harder than when I was helping him walk because then, at least he was trying to walk with the other leg. He had no appetite, that's why it was difficult to eat all the soup.

It was getting cold in the evening, but it was more important to me that Cato is well. So I let him sleep in the sleeping bag while I sit close to him. I'm trying to stay awake to make sure we make it through the night. However, the truth is I am very tired and sleep will do me good. I tell myself that I will stay awake a little longer and then take a nap.

I see Cato kind of wake up and he looks at me sleepily. From the look on his face, he seems to have had some kind of unpleasant dream. 

"Come here," Cato makes a place for me next to him and I lie down. "You're cold," he whispers.

"I'm fine," I lie.

"You know I don't like you lying to me. It's enough for me to look into your eyes and know that you're lying."

"But you don't look me in the eye." He lifts my face with one hand so I can look at him.

"Now I do," Cato says. 

I feel my heart racing as I look into his blue eyes. I can't take my eyes off him, and he touches my cheek with one hand. Oh, surely all of Panem is watching us right now.

"What did you dream about? It seemed like a bad dream."

"Nothing important," Cato tells me, probably because he doesn't feel like talking about it now. "Your eyes are beautiful." I smile at the compliment.

"Yours aren't bad either," I joke knowing full well that he knows I like his eyes. I don't need to tell him to know.

"In the beginning, my plans for you were completely different. Look now, where you've brought me." Cato says. This was probably an official admission that he wanted to kill me. It's not that I didn't know it before, but it still made me a little uncomfortable when I heard it.