15.

~•~•~•~𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔

~•~•~•~
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔.
~•~•~•~

Sixty seconds. We mustn't move from the platforms for sixty seconds. If you move too early, it triggers land mines. I've seen in past Games how they deliberately kill themselves like this, I hope no one does it now, because I'll traumatize myself even more.

We are all equidistant from the Cornucopia. When the gong beats, most of the tributes will head right there. If I'm following Haymitch's plan, I shouldn't be going, but seeing all that food makes me want to run over there. I can even see the thing I want the most. My bow.

I'm tempted by the kind of abundance I see. This bow was made for me, it's just waiting for me to come and use it. I'm fast, and I can sprint to the Cornucopia and survive. But the question is, will I be able to escape after that? Hardly.

"20 seconds."

Think, think, think. I can't bear to leave with absolutely nothing, I need to take at least a backpack. I see an orange one, which is twenty meters away from me. I have to take it.

"10."

I look at Cato.

"9."

There are three tributes between us.

"8."

He looks at me.

"7."

He shakes his head.

"6."

Cato doesn't want me to go there.

"5."

He looks back at the Cornucopia.

"4."

I have to decide what to do.

"3. 2. 1."

I hear the gong and almost everyone runs forward. I'm stuck in one place, all these hesitations took away my chance to try to get a weapon. I run towards the orange backpack.

A boy, I'm not sure from which District, reaches for the backpack at the same time as me and we briefly struggle for it, then he starts coughing and my face is covered in splatters of blood. I'm disgusted by the warm, sticky stream that sprays me. The boy falls to the ground and I see the knife stuck in his back. That reveals to me who killed him. Clove.