tumne zindagi hi badal dali! (1)

Farjad's days would always go by fast. They'd be properly planned. His everything was always planned. Today too, he had a buisnnes lunch in a nearby resturant with some people.
"Sir," his assistant maria entered the office. "Its time for the meeting."
There was a pause.
" if u dont mind sir, kya mai apse kuch pooch skti hoon?"
"Mmhmm, go on," farjad said busily clearing his desk.
"Sir wo, last time wo lrki kon thin jinho ne yahan apka itna wait kiya? Was she someone buissness related?"
Farjad paused.. he thought for a while.
He never really thought about it this way, who was she? Who was she to him? His sister's best friend? Someone he knew, just knew for a long time? His enemy??
He always hated her, and .. he still does ofcourse.
"Ahem, she is just someone i know..  someone stupid and a complete idiot. Badtameezi mai to phd ki hui hai usne. Ajeeb larki hai. Samajh se bahir."
"Sir.. wo apki kya lagti hain?"
"Wo meri- meri behen ki dost hai. Anyways resturant ke liye kab nikalna hai?"
"Half an hour."
"Okay." Farjad got up. But his mind was blank.
"Wo meri kya lagti hai?" Was all he could think about.. who was she to him that be called her cousin 11 times to ask about how she was doing.. and specifically told her to not tell anyone about the fact that he called.
"Mmhmm, it was because she got sick cz of me, i just didn't want to feel guilty." Farjad told himself.
      *********************
"Mimi, do we really HAVE to go to that lunch??"
Umeed asked mimi, annoyed. Mimi came to her house all of a sudden and told her that they had to go to a lunch where some of her other friends were also coming, and that a tv personality was coming that could cast umeed.
"Tumhare faide ke liye madam, banda acha hai.. meri dost ka dost hai. You can talk to him."
"Ahh .. theek hai." Umeed didnt know why she was skeptical. Her confidence was usually over the roof but the fever had also brought her down.
****************
Mimi and umeed entered the resturant. Their friends were already present their. They had a blast and she talked to this new guy, imaad, who had worked in tv shows previously.
   After a while, their friends started leaving.. and eventually 3 of them were left.
"Umeed, mai krdeti hoon na drop, tumhara driver itna late hogya hai."
"Arayy naii .. tumhare us changez khan se paala pr gaya to, abhi aa jayega raju.. tum jao." And mimi left too.
"Pata ni ye raju ka bacha kahan rehgaya, mile to mughe, tangen tor k kachoormar nikal dongi" umeed mumbled angrily.
   Imaad smiled, he was  semi-handsome and looked like a flirt. Umeed wasnt getting the best vibes from him.
"Ajeeb, bateesi nikal k baitha hai.."
"To, miss umeed, aap itni khoobsoorat hain, ap direct serials me q nahi try krtin?"
Imaad said in a cheesy way.
  "Wo kya hai na mughe show nai hai lambe hath marne ka.. apni chadar dekh k hath phelati hoon main," she said, smiling and grtting her teeth.
"Mai kaisa laga aapko?"
"Kis lehaz se?"
"Ahemm.. agr aap mughe apna len.. to mai apko wahan pohcha dun jahan ap soch bh nai sktin, bare talluqat hain maire.. hum aik sath ache bhi lagenge." He kept saying.. not noticing the umeed's expressions turning into literal flames. She could eat him alive. And then she saw him, coming in with a few other people all dressed in suit and ties.