part 9

I wanted to reject the ride but she glared at me. I quickly entered inside the car.

"Your seatbelt" she said while starting the car.

I put on my seatbelt. Of course I'm so nervous. But I tried my best not to show it.

"What's your address?" She asked.

Oh no. My house is quite far from here. It's more than an hour drive I don't want to bother her.

"Uhm, you don't have to drop me at home ma, my place is really far from here. Just drop me on the way where I can get a bus going to my area easily." I said politely.

She glared at me again and I quickly told her my address. She smirked and sped up. She drives so fast that I could feel my chest falling off. Gosh please slow down. I am going home not heaven. I said in my mind. We drove in silence until she stopped infront of a cake shop.

"What would you like to have?" She asked me.

"Nothing ma, I'm fine...."

"I didn't ask whether you're fine" she cut me off.

"Sorry ma'am, just that I don't wish to bother you more than I already have. Driving me home is already a handful...."

"You talk too much" she said

"wait here" she added and got out of the car walking inside the shop.

After some minutes she came out with things in her hand. She handed one of them over to me and dropped the other at the backseat. She started the car and we continued the journey.

All through our journey, I kept stealing glances at her and smiling shyly. She looks so serious and beautiful when driving especially when she uses one hand and places the other on her jaw. She looks so hot. Not a minute passed that I didn't admire her.

"Is there something on my face?" she asked suddenly.

Gosh she noticed. Not this question again. I quickly turned to the window side in embarrassment. As if she knew what I was thinking at that time, she opened the window glass and the fresh breeze splashes on my face. I felt so alive. Exactly what I needed.

After an hour, we finally arrived home.

"Is this your place?" She asked

"Yes ma. Do you want to come inside. I'm sure my grandma will be happy to welcome you"

"Your grandma? You stay with your grandma?"

"Yes. And with my cousin. The one with me at the party"

"Nice, where are your parents?"

"They stay in England ma"

"I see."

Of course I didn't expect her to know all these about me, it's true that my profile is with them but she wasn't the one that carried out the recruitment processes, the administration department did. she only conducted the final interview.

"Isn't it stressful going to work from here? Considering the distance." She said still looking around.

"I'll move to a closer area soon". I said and she nodded.

Well, I lied. I don't have any plan of moving out. Not anytime soon. I wanted to ask her about my phone but I didn't have the courage to ask I was still contemplating when she said.

"Are you not looking for anything? You know any of your property? Perhaps your phone?" Oh thank God she brought it up.

"I am actually looking for my phone. But I think I mistakenly dropped it in your office....."