part 51

I got into the mansion. A guard took me to the garden where Freen's mum is. She has a plate of fruits on the table. She stood up immediately when she saw me and hugged me sweetly. She must be very happy to see me. I sat down on the chair facing her.

"What would you like to have my dear?" She asked and then called a house help to attend to me.

"I just want some water" my response.

I am not hungry. I ate at home before leaving since Freen ordered lunch for me. She didn't like that I requested for only water so she asked her to get me some fruits as well. After a while the house help came in with the water and fruits. After dropping it on the table she left.

"I am happy that you're fine now" she began

"Thank you.."

"We were all worried about you. Now I'm okay knowing that Freen is happy" she said and I smiled.

"Thank you so much ma. I am equally happy that Freen is safe." I replied.

"Have you thought about what we discussed the last time?" She asked.

"I love Freen so much. If there's something I want,, it's to keep her by my side forever. I also want a family with her. But it's not of me to decide that. It's Freen's decision to make..."

"I'm glad you love my daughter. And that you want a family with her. Don't worry about Freen's decision" she said.

"But Freen is engaged ma." I said.

That word took me back to the reality. Tears started gathering in my eyes.

"Haven't you heard the news? Didn't Freen tell you anything?" She asked.

What news? Did something happen that I'm not aware of?

"What news ma?" I asked curiously.

"Freen resigned her position as the next president of The Chankimha's Empire." she said

My jaw dropped as soon as I heard that. That came as a shock to me. I was with her that yesterday, she didn't say anything to me. Was that why Heng said she's going through a lot? I hope this isn't because of me. Her dad must be very disappointed in her. This is bad. I wouldn't have allowed her do this if I knew.

"So she didn't tell you as well? That makes the two of us. Freen never tells me anything. I only get to hear it from others" the mum said folding her arms.

It's obvious this woman is sulking now. She must really be sad about that. Why does she have to hear about her daughter from others. Even me too. I get to hear about her from others as well. She doesn't tell me anything. I am equally sad about it.

"I am sorry ma." I tried to apologize on her behalf.

"Don't be like that to your mother okay? Don't learn that behavior from Freen" she said. And I just nodded.

We started talking about other things and laughing at each other's jokes. She pleaded with me to make out time to see her more often because she's always bored at home. I assured her that I'll do my best. When it was time to go she called her driver to take me home. With some baskets of fruits and a bottle of fresh juice that we made together. I love spending time with Freen's mum, she's so friendly and she loves teasing me with Freen. Lol. Making me shy all the time.

I got home in the evening. Freen is already at home sitting on the couch in the sitting room. She smiled at me when she saw me. I walked to her and hugged her from behind.

"You're back Teerak" I said kissing her neck.

"Mrs. Liz said you went to see my mum" she said.

Gosh. I thought it was supposed to be just between us. Guess she can't hide anything from her boss.