part 52

It's been two weeks since I called off the engagement with Kim. She doesn't skip a day without calling and asking to see me. For what exactly? I have refused her to come to my office as well. Becky has resumed work, I don't want her to meet Kim in my office. I was working on a file when my office door opened. That's my mum. I have been avoiding her calls ever since I made that announcement.

"What a terrible daughter I have" she said while sitting on the couch.

"Mum...."

"You still remember you have a mother? That's shocking" she said.

I rolled my eyes. She's always dramatic. I have been avoiding her because I know she's not happy with my decision and she would nag over it anytime she sees me.

"Why are you here mum?"

"You have been avoiding my calls. So I decided to come here"

"You could have waited for me at home...."

"What is wrong with coming here?" She cut me off.

I was speechless. Maybe I should just change the topic before she ends up nagging.

"What would you like to have? I can ask my secretary to get that for you ..."

"I want you to take me to the hospital for my check up" she said.

Is she serious? She came all the way from the mansion to this place just for me to drive her to the hospital?

"Mum are you serious?"

"I haven't asked you to do this for years now. Don't you want to know how my health has been?" She asked.

Here we go again with the emotional card. My mum is so good at this.

"Please Freen. Just take me there this once. Okay?" She continued. Now she's pouting.

Gosh why do the most important women in my life behave like babies? My mother and my girlfriend are just like babies.

"Fine" I reluctantly said and she clapped her hands in excitement.

"Let's go then" she said.

I grabbed the things I need and we headed out of the building. I texted Becky that I can't take her home since I won't be coming back to the office but that Mr. Aon will take her home instead.

Not long after we got to the hospital. We went straight to the doctor office. He has been my mum's personal doctor for years. He welcome us warmly and after a while a nurse came to take my mum's blood sample. My mum also got into the CT scanning machine and they carried out other important medical check up. We were given a room in the hospital. And after some hours as we wait for the results. A notification pops up in my phone and it's from Becky.

"I just finished from work Teerak. Mr Aon is taking me home now" it says.

I smiled after reading the text. I texted back and she did the same. we continued texting each other making me forget I am with my mum in the hospital room. I flinched when my mum held my hand and smiling at me. She's been watching me this whole time?

"Do you know why I called you here?" She began.

For her check up of course. She asked me to take her here. Or is there other reason? I looked at her confusedly. She touched my cheeks and caressed them. She's making me emotional the way she looks and smiled at me.

"Mum I'm sorry for not telling you before doing what I did. It's because you will talk me out of it...."

"Of course I would. You must be crazy for thinking that resigning is the best option" she said.