part 19

I quickly grabbed her by the arm and walked towards the corner. Nita wanted to follow us but Becky signalled her not to. Oh wow, she's now listening to whatever Becky says huh? Just so she can get the girl. So promiscuous!

"What the hell is wrong with you Becky? What do you have with Nita?" I asked but she was mute.

"Start talking now!" I thundered.

"Nothing ma...."

"Stop being formal with me Becky!!" I thundered again.

Now she's scared again. God this is so frustrating. I can see tears clouding in her eyes. Why is this so hard? I don't want to see a single tear in her eyes. I moved my hand close to her face to wipe the tears but she pulled back from my hand.

"You really want to go with Nita huh? You know I can get you any car of your choice right now so you don't have to accept ride from anybody you see" I said out of anger but that made her started sobbing.

"Nita drove from afar to come here just to pick me up. It's not nice disappointing her like that. Aside that I am more comfortable going home with her" she said.

The last statement broke me. I got weak inside because of the pain I feel inside. I can't explain how I'm feeling right now. I just want to punch something, someone. I want to kick someone. That is exactly how I feel now. I watched as Nita opened the car door for her and helped her get inside. They drove off shortly after that.

..................................

We drove in silence. I was expecting her to ask me anything about the drama earlier but she didn't. I'm sure she doesn't want to ply into my personal life with my boss. But I still thought I should apologize. Because of me she endured the rude behavior of my boss. We got home and parked infront of my house. I thanked her for the ride and decided to invite her for a coffee.

"Do you wish you come in for coffee?"

"No it's fine. You don't have to worry about that" she said

"Uhm, I'm sorry for what happened earlier...."

"I'm used to your boss acting like that"

"Don't you hate her?"

"Of course I do. But she's your boss. I don't want you to have any problem with her because of me. I won't come to pick you up myself anymore but I'll send my driver to do that...."

"No it's fine. I can manage. You don't have to do that"

"I know you can manage but I still want to do it." She said and held my hand.

She looked at me in the eyes and brushed her thumb on my hand. I was stiffened by that. Didn't know how to react to that. I was tensed. She cupped my cheek to give me a kiss when I pulled back.

"I think I better go in now. Thank you for the ride" I said and jumped off the car. Running as fast as my legs could carry me inside the house. Fuck that was so close.

After some minutes, I got downstairs to have some snacks. I thought of the milk tea and snacks that Kate always delivers to me every morning. She even delivered to me at the office today. I decided to call to tell her I'm okay now, and she can stop since I'm all better now.

"It's not in my place to decide Becky but just know that at the meantime I'll keep sending them to you until I am fully convinced you're okay" she said.

I tried convincing her more but it's like she already made up her mind to continue doing that. I thanked her and ended the call. I took some bites with fresh juice when a notification pop up. It's from Nita. I opened to read