part 33

We stayed like that for some minutes. Freen isn't yet back and that makes me more nervous. He keeps smiling at me as though we have met before. Mr. Chankimha is very handsome, there's a striking resemblance between him and Freen. Even their behavior is no different from each other, aside from the way he stares and smiles, you can't really read whether he's actually happy or not. His stares is making me uncomfortable making me think whether I'm in trouble. A lot was going through my mind until he finally spoke.

"You must be Miss Armstrong?" He uttered.

That gave me goosebumps. how did he know my name? Did Freen tell him about me? So I'm in trouble afterall But I already broke up with his daughter or did he see us making out earlier?

"Ye...yes I am" I replied stuttering. He smiled again. Then started pouring a drink into my glass cup.

"Here, I'll help you" he said.

Did he just serve me a drink? I became more curious to know his mission. Is this a kind of father and daughter in-law relationship? You must be crazy Becky, stop talking nonsense. I quickly grabbed the glass and poured it all in my mouth. Now he's smiling softly.
He didn't say anything anymore, he just continued serving me another glass and another. He didn't stop, he continued until I got tipsy.

"You need to stop already you'll get her drunk" Freen said from behind, she sat close to me and took the glass from me. She looked at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" She asked me and I just nodded.

"She's cute. I like her" Mr. Chankimha said and Freen just glared at him.

"Spill the beans already, why exactly are you here?" Freen questioned in a serious tone.

They stared at each other as if they are in a staring competition. Okay, that is so awkward. Do they not have good relationship with each other? Is that why Freen doesn't like to be addressed by her last name? Mr. Chankimha finally smiled and relaxed his back on the seat, easing the tension.

"I just said I am interested in this your model" Mr. Chankimha said drinking. He then looked at me and signalled me to drink.

"Stop making her drink. She has zero tolerance for alcohol" Freen said.

"Is that how much you care for your models?" Mr. Chankimha asked and that unlocked another series of their staring competition. I quickly grabbed it and drank it all. if drinking will quench this fire, then I'm down for it. Freen is shocked by that. I'm sure she's mad at me right now but I'm doing this to ease the tension.

"See? Exactly why I like her" He continued.

Now Freen is boiling in anger. She's clenching her fist under the table. I moved my hand on hers and locked our fingers. She looked at me and I just nodded. She understood it. She then relaxed still holding my hand.

"So tell me Miss Armstrong, how is working with my daughter like?"  He asked as he continues serving me a drink. Okay it's obvious he wants me drunk.

"It's been a wonderful experience" I voiced out.

After a while I started getting more bold and courageous. I'm no more nervous. Infact I'm more relaxed now. I feel good, very good except for this annoying hiccups.

.......................................................

I walked out of the hall to make a phone call. I need to know why that man is here. No one told me he would be invited as well.

"Why is he here?" I asked.

"He's a co-owner of the company ma. I guess that's why he's invited also" He said over the phone.