Chapter 1 | Welcome To Alose

"You still think about me, still can't figure out the way my heart is."

Loner Life - NBA Young Boy

____________

Drake's POV:

Year | 1029

Will anything ever be the same? Will this world that I so desperately faught for ever come to peace? These are just some of the questions that cloud my mind when I'm all alone, consuming my thoughts, but somehow I still manage to keep fighting and to not lose hope in my destiny...

When ever my mind gets to distracted, I decide to go to a place where I can clear all my thoughts, it's not to far from the palace but it's a place where I can get away from reality. A grassy hill overlooking Alose, my home land, a place overrun with demons, and is one of the few remaining strong holds that exist in this world, fighting back against the darkness. Since the dark ages, humanity has been at war with demons, ever since they crossed between realms into our world. Nobody knows why or how, but some speculate they came here to take control of another world in pursuit of universal domination.

Whatever the case may be, their bad news, and now 7 eldredge Demon Lords have taken control of the world.

The demon lords were the first of their kind to cross over and have been anointed as the kings of each specific demon race. Fire, earth, water, air, nature, lightning, and ice are the 7 demon races that crossed over.

I was born with the name of Drake Vulcan, son of Ross Vulcan, who is the king of Alose, making me the prince. I'm still the Prince today but I prefer to use my time in a more helpful way, I chose to follow the Knights association, with the thought of helping people in need, aswell as protecting them from the demons that plaque our lands.

Till this day, my father doesn't like the idea of me putting my life in danger to protect Alose, but how could I not? He'd always say my life is more important than anyone elses, but I don't believe in royalty. Everyone is born equal, but it's what they do with their lives that makes them important.

"I thought I'd find you here." I turn my head, and I see Dan, my best friend, walking up the hill towards me. Dan's been my friend since we were like 7 years old. I defended him in kindergarten when he was getting bullied by some asshole kids, and ever since then, he hasn't left my side. That was 12 years ago, so you should know my age.

"Where else would I be?" I asked him as he sat down next to me.

"I don't know, I went to the cemetery but you weren't there, so I came here."

The cemetery. The reason I go there is to visit my mothers grave...
She was killed by one of those fucking demon lords, I'm not sure which one, but 8 years ago they layed siege upon Alose, the Knights managed to defend the kingdom but at the cost of my mother's life, I was to young to protect myself, I couldn't save her.

I'm never going to able to forgive myself for that, but I tried to move on, tried to be a hero because I knew that's what she would have wanted, it's molded me into who I am today. I still carry that burden with me...

"Not today, Dan. I forgot to mention we're heading out." I tell him, and he turns towards me. "Where and why?" He asks curiously, laying back on the grass.

"I've mentioned it to my father already, I'm planning on going out into Alose's unknown and more dangerous locations to find demon camps. Demon camps keep human live stock. We have to save them and bring them back to the palace. Do me a favor, tell the others we're leaving and their coming along aswell."