Chapter 19 | River Of Blood

"I built my home in hell,
It's just a place that I know well,
My heart will never beat the same,
I know I can't be saved."

Can't Be Saved - Fabvl

___________________________

Drake's POV:

My body reacts before I can even think, and before I knew it, I'd torn Seraph apart effortlessly, is this power growing inside me? Satisfied with his blood covering my hands, pouring in waves onto the floor, I still feel a deep hunger for death inside me, rage coating my aura.

I drop Seraph to the floor, and I turn my eyes to the right, looking into the eyes of the fire demon general, remaining still, fear in his gaze, his hands shaking at his side, hesitantly reaching for his sword.

"His going too kill me, don't move, don't move, don't move!" I hear the thoughts of the fire demon general, how is this possible? This demon lord inside me has some incredible abilities.

"W-What are you?" The general asks, and I raise my hand to his face.

"I don't know," I say as purple energy fills up into my hand, but before I can release the energy, the army of demons starts to rush me, pulling me away from their general.

"Such devotion to your leader? Let's see if it was worth the sacrifice!" I force them off of me, grabbing two by the throat, using them as a rag doll to fling them into their allies, giving me space. I unsheathed my sword, and the blade became engulfed in black, growing larger, becoming a dark great sword.

I rush forward and swing the great sword, some evade, ducking down, but the few who decided to use their shields to block were decapitated, the shields splintering on impact. What a gorgeous and powerful sword, that'll be my main weapon from now on.

"Make their blood stain the grass, make them drown in despair, kill them Drake, kill them all!"

Shadow's voice is speaking to me from inside my head, I seem to be the only one who can hear him, and I oblige to his words, I can only feel his hate and anger coursing through me, why is he so angry?

Demons upon demons continue to attack me, but they are stuck down by my sword, a river of blood soaks into the grass and I nearly forget that Addison and my team are behind me, watching from the Cabin. Addison's chest raises and falls, her heartbeat sounding so loud in my heart, her breaths are erratic and unbalanced and I can hear the faint sound of her thoughts speaking.

"Please don't get hurt, please don't die, I don't want this fight to continue, the darkness is consuming you."

Her thoughts distract me for too long and I'm too late to realize several demons have lunged at me, stabbing spears into me, one through my throat, three into my chest, and two into my shoulder and abdomen. I cough up blood as I feel the wrath inside me spike up and I break the spears with my arm, I lift my great sword and I impale multiple demons with it, swinging them and the sword into some more.

I stand my sword into the ground and I feel someone's hand press against my arm, the feeling familiar. Addison's eyes meet mine and they are desperate, and worried. "Are you okay?" She asks with a brittle voice.