Chapter 9 | The Journey

"We will glow in the dark, turning dust to gold, and we'll dream it possible."

Dream It Possible - Delacey

_______________________

Addison's POV:

It's my third, fourth time hearing this voice. I don't know anymore, but all I know is that this voice carries great power, an immense amount of surging energy, it's terrifying. I can feel my legs starting to shake, and my hands becoming cold, and Drake similarly looks at me, confusion masking his face. The guys seem to not know what's going on. They can't hear the voice, but why can Drake and I only hear it?

"Did you'll hear that?" Drake asks, looking at his friends, and they raise a brow, looking confused. "Hear what?" Don asks, probably the same question that the others have. "That voice," I say, and they turn to me, looking even more confused. Drake gets up, and walking over to me, the sudden height difference becoming very clear, bringing 5'10 "is still short compared to him. What is he? Like 6'6? Doesn't matter, the point is, his staying so fucking close to me right now, our bodies nearly brushing. He leans down, placing his lips next to my ear, and speaks.

"Let's keep this on the low, we don't want to build up tension among the guys until we really know what this thing is, we shouldn't talk about it."

Drake says with a husky tone, and I fight the urge to not grab his head and pull him into my lips. "So we must just ignore it for now?" I ask, leaning closer my lips grazing his neck, and I feel him tense slightly.

"It's clear this voice is inside me, and it is hyper-aware of everything around it," Drake says, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine, my body pushing forward, wanting more of him. He stands up straight, returning to his impeccable size, his messy hair flat on his forward, those ominous grey eyes watching me intently, making me swallow dryly, feeling so hot and bothered.

Drake notices my arousal and gives me a devilish grin, before turning away, saying something to the guys, but I never quite hear it.

The guys nod and start packing, Drake starts to dress up, pulling his black shirt on, the material hugging his biceps tightly, pulling his chain out, the silver just complementing the black. "We're leaving," Drake says, looking at me, probably thinking I was confused as to why we are packing up. "Where are we going?" I ask him as he sheaths his blade, placing it at his side.

"I'll tell you when we're walking." He says and I nod, following them as they leave the cave, walking east. East? That's leading into Earth demon territory, a race that possesses poisonous abilities, and manipulation of sand and stone.

Highly powerful, but if my fire burns hot enough, it'll turn their sand to glass and their stone to ashes. "Why are we going east? That's earth demon territory." I ask Drake, and he turns his head towards me slightly, seeing how his eyes have turned a bright silver from the glare of the sun, reflecting in his irises.

"The earth demon for what they have in great defense, they lack in the means of stealth and attack, only known for using poisonous explosions and magical sand traps. However, they also have the richest source of herbal medicines in all of Alose, with fields of plants and flowers that are capable of healing the worst of diseases, but they are very protective over their crops, so we're going to either have to find a peaceful demon to give it to us, or we steal and take it from others."

I'm barely able to focus on what Drake is saying, his voice is so manipulative and deeply toned, it's hypnotizing, it's like music to my ears and I don't ever want to stop listening, my attention all on him. I can't tell if Drake is the hope I was looking for in my life or another temporary distraction in the way of my survival, but either way, I yearn for him, I can't see myself ever being alone again, the thought actually making me feel empty.

"Besides, earth demon territory is absolutely beautiful, with rich green grass, and flowers blooming on every corner of the area, you'll see when we're there, you'll be lost for words."

Drake says, and now I'm intrigued, I've always wanted to go there but the price and risk was too high so I chose not to, I'd rather play it safe and remain in the kingdom's area. Looks like now I'll be finally able to live out this ambition, all thanks to Drake, my Drake...

Did I just call him my Drake? Oh no, I can't be getting attached like this, he hasn't even shown any emotional affection towards me and I'm calling him mine? I'm honestly delusional sometimes, besides I can't be getting attached to people ever again, last time it never ended well, it changed me and turned me into who I am today, a girl broken, weak little girl who hides behind the mask of a strong, fearless women, meanwhile, I've been scared for my life for the whole 6 years I've been alone. Could Drake be different though? I won't lose him because his the prince, nobody can beat him?

No, I nearly lost him already, and I don't ever want to experience that again, my heart and mind won't be able to see his cold body in front of me, but whatever this thing is inside him, isn't letting him die, it's healing him, constantly talking to him, I don't know what it is, it's not human.

Maybe a demon? But a demon with such power, such dark energy? The possibilities are infinite at this point, one thing I know for sure is, that this won't be the last time we hear of this entity.

"How much further is the earth's territory?" I ask Drake and he turns to me again, once again those fucking eyes of his hitting the air out of my chest.

"It's quite some distance, so for now, let's try to have fun on this journey, don't want it to be boring as fuck." Drake says and I smile, damn his fucking great.

To Be Continued...