Chapter 6 | Destroy

"If your playing me, keep it on the low, because my heart can't take it anymore."

Creeping - The Weekend

_____________________________

Drake's POV:

What turned from a simple mission of finding the guys, turned into a race against the clock to get away from the snowstorm. Oh, how can I forget about the 7-foot werewolf that stands in front of us? Werewolves are not myths, they are real beasts and they have been striving for millions of years, forever growing, changing, and evolving. Now, we've come face to face with one, covered in a bright white coat, dirtied by its hands and feet, looking down at us. Its teeth are on display and it's snarling, it's pointless running, they to fast.

I unsheath my sword and the Werewolf immediately pounces into action, I jam the sword in its mouth, struggling relentlessly to hold it back. Dan comes from behind me and swings at the Werewolf's head with his axe, which snaps on impact but pushes the Werewolf off of me, all it does is enrage the Werewolf even more, scratching at its face to remove the shards of metal in its skin, healing instantaneously. Its eyes look down at me, with a burning anger and it tackles me into a tree, hitting the air out of my chest, wheezing as I sink to the ground. My sword flies a distance away from me, piercing the ground next to Addison.

The Werewolf turns to the guys and starts to charge them but is blasted off its feet by a sudden ball of fire, I look over to Addison, and she is conjuring up fire elemental spells, blasting waves of fire toward the Werewolf. Addison is a sorcerer? No, this fire isn't like that of any ordinary magic, I'll have to ask her later, if there even is a later. The fur of the Werewolf is harshly burned, all around its body, but not for long.

The Werewolf rises, even with the flames still burning, a sizzling fire popping on its skin and I see nothing but utter hate in its eyes. Its teeth flare and its arm dashes forward, aiming for Addison but Don jumps in the way, getting the full force of the hit, flying into the forest, beyond sight. Addison's face turns to pure horror as she stares up at the Werewolf, half its flesh melted, bone seeping through. Her legs become weak and she collapses to the floor, her lips quivering and tears forming in her eyes, the sight making me Angry. The Werewolf lets out an ear piercing howl, before regaining its attention on Addison, ready to lunge at her.

Its claws extend and it swings its hand and an unnatural amount of Wrath spills into my blood, but for just a moment, the noise of Addison's sobs, the sound of the guy rushing to save her, my worries about Don disappear and everything vanishes into silence, and the only thing my mind centers on is Addison and suddenly, a crude, deep, demonic and cold voice speaks, saying one single word.

"Destroy."

Addison

My heart skips a beat, my lips quivering and my eyes forming tears, this Werewolf just walked through my fire, hurt but certainly not defeated, and if my fire can't kill it, I don't think we'll make it out of this. I start to sob as I fall to the ground in fear, its large stature, creeping closer to me. I turn my head to Drake, who watches, holding his chest, which is rising up and down viciously and his eyes filled with an anger I haven't seen before, a boundless rage that fills the entire forest, no, all of Alose. Something happens, and it strikes fear into my soul, even more than the Werewolf. The same dark, cold aura I felt deep within Drake earlier, is no longer morbid and far down...

It's at the surface, and it's lethally powerful.

The Werewolf instantly stops dead in its tracks, and slowly turns towards Drake, who stands upright, hunched over slightly, his eyes filled with wrath and are pure black, his body absolutely tense, his shirt literally tearing on his chest and arms, the veins surging from his neck, all the way down to his arms are dark, like there's something inside them, a dark energy. My breath is hitched as Drake suddenly dashes from his spot with speeds unlike any human or animal, I'm nearly unable to track his movements. He tackles the Werewolf straight to the ground, grabbing it by the throat, choking it, it struggles against his grasp and slashes into his ribs, making me scream in shock, making me even tear up more, blood pouring out, but my eyes widen when I see the most peculiar thing ever. Where the large gash resides, a dark purple flame surrounds the wound, popping and crackling as it burns, and simultaneously, the wound starts to effectively heal, the blood getting burned up and the wound healing completely, leaving no mark, just his torn shirt.

The Werewolf puts its foot on Drakes's chest, and with a strong amount of force, it pushes Drake away from it, allowing it to stand up, towering over him again but his unfazed. The Werewolf swings and my heart races but without any defensive, Drake takes the hit straight to the face, its claws tearing at his face, leaving a massive hole, gouging out his eyes and lips, tearing his hair up to, making his body fall back, my heart stopping completely, making me think it's finally over.

But I was wrong,

Drake's body goes still, without even touching the ground, balancing on his two legs while leaning back a full 90°, and without warning, Drake's whole body shoots up and releases a fist, full of large purple flames, in a punch that instantly crushes the Werewolf's head, a loud sound of air rushes past me, his punch breaking the sound barrier, shaking the trees violently, sand blowing everywhere, hitting the Werewolves whole upper body to pieces, blood exploding everywhere. The absolutely dead Werewolf, falls into a heap of blood on the floor.

Drake's torn face turns to me and is suddenly engulfed in the same purple flame, his face reforming, reshaping, healing. The damage disappearing with each second, his hair growing back, his eyes forming from completely nothing, his flesh returning to normal, showing that devilishly handsome face again. All the damage is gone, it's like he was never touched, the only sign of the fight is the dead Werewolf, the shaken trees, and Drake's torn shirt.

I smile at Drake, a scared yet happy smile, his completely fine. He returns the smile but for only a moment as his eyes close and his body drops, falling unconscious, the purple aura disappearing and Drake lies on the floor. Panic and worry rush into me and I rush over to him, lifting his head and shaking him by his chest, even more tears pouring out of my eyes, his body is cold and his face is neutral.

"Drake? Drake? Drake?! Drake!?"

To Be Continued...