Chapter 7 | Hope

"You probably think that you are better now, better now."

Better Now - Post Malone

________________________

Addison's POV:

A whole day has passed since Drake's sudden outburst of power, and the whole werewolf issue, if it weren't for him, we surely would've died, but now when I look at his cold body in bed, it makes me worry that he could die. Fortunately, Don was fine, just had a few broken ribs but was able to walk back to the cave. Dan and Jake carried Drake's body back to the cave, making a fire and undressing him, leaving him in his boxers.

They covered his chiseled body with warm blankets and took turns to watch him, making sure he doesn't have any 'nightmares', which is what Dan said, I wanted to ask why but I'd rather ask Drake directly, if I even get the chance.

Now, in the crisp cool breeze of the morning, I kneel beside Drake, his still unconscious and we don't know why. Tim studied herbal medicines and is the medic within the group, however, he doesn't even know the cause for this, he said all we can do is wait and hope for the best, Hope is a fleeting word.

The guys stand beside me, all watching Drake in pure silence, all too upset or sad to speak. Dan is the only one who doesn't look at Drake, his leaning on the cave wall, looking down in pain and anger, he couldn't save his best friend.

Dan suddenly finds the courage to speak, "W-We need to go and report this to the kingdom, if the prince dies, the heir to the king is gone, and the entirety of the Alose's kingdoms would have fallen." He looks up now, looking me in the eyes.

"Addison, can you wait here and look after Drake? We all need to go and report this, give us half an hour, we need a bird to send the message."

Dan says, and I feel the weight of responsibility sink on my shoulders, but for Drake, I'd carry a billion burdens. "Yes, of course, I'll keep him safe." I nod and he smiles slightly.

"When Drake said there was something special about you, I knew he was right, a girl willing to die for him isn't new, but the feeling it gives off is different."

Dan says and it leaves me curious, "What type of feeling?" I ask and he looks at the guys and they smile too, turning back to me. "The feeling of love." Dan says and I squeal slightly, but I cover my mouth, my cheeks turning a Rosie red from embarrassment. Me? Loving Drake? I mean, I wouldn't say I don't love him but...

Everyone I love ends up dying.

No, no, forget about the past Addison, you're stronger now, you can protect people, you've been doing it for 7 years now, and you won't stop. Yes, I can do it, I know I can.

I try to shake off the negative thoughts, letting out a huff of air. "Anyways, we'll be off now, see you in a little bit."

I nod and they exit, leaving me in the lethal silence. I take this alone time to let down my strong cover, and just let weak Addison out. I look down at Drake's still body, and I place a hand on his bare, hard chest, feeling his heartbeat, it's slow, too slow, making me worry even more.

I pull the blanket down further, revealing that devilishly attractive body of his, even in his unconscious state, he manages to show zero imperfections. The way his neck and chest contract with each breath he takes, his long chiseled abs, descending into a sharp V-line, disappearing under his boxers, to a bulge that makes my mouth water, and I resist the urge to take his cock out right now, and suck it from the tip all the way down to the base.

What the fuck am I thinking?! Drake is literally laying unconscious in front of me, at the brink of death, and here I am thinking about sucking his cock, I'm such a bitch, well, only for Drake I guess, I've never felt this type of attraction to any guy before, and here he comes along, effortlessly sweeping me off my feet, literally saving me from probably being slaughtered by demons and brought me to the natural, engrossed cave. He makes my head spin, my heart literally starts to hurt when I resist the urge to touch him, and worst of all, my entire body is craving him, his possessive hands, his strong and powerful figure, that dark lustful look, and his hard fucking cock.

God, give me the strength, I can't fuck this guy, he might be the only friend I have, so could I ruin it by wanting to have sex with him? I don't know anymore, one thing I know for certain is, that if I don't do something, I might not ever feel his warm body again, but what can I do?

I place my head down on his chest, feeling his heart beat again, even slower this time, and finally, all the pent-up stress, pain and sadness spills out of me, in waves of tears.

I haven't cried in years, I built up a wall around my heart so that I'd never get attached, or ever love someone again, but now I just can't hold it in anymore. It's good to cry, I can finally feel at least some sort of peace.

My tears drip from my eyes, onto Drakes's chest, sliding down his side and from within my sobs, but I begin to hear something, a steady beat, a hard strong beat...

It's Drake, it's his heart.

His alive, his not dying.

Suddenly, the same energy I felt last night, that dark, twisted purple aura engulfs Drake in a purple flame, not physical this time, but spiritually, and I see it.

His heartbeat rises, and his breaths become normal, but to my surprise, I feel a slight tremor in the ground, a deep shake, rocking the cave, and all the surrounding forest.

Could it be...

My head turns to Drake, and I focus on him, and suddenly the demonic aura grows tremendously, engulfing me, the cave, the forest, everything, everything, my entire body is frozen, the energy so powerful, I fear it scaled to planetary levels.

My body remains still and I watch Drake carefully, he remains still but the aura is wild and rapid, and within the aura, within Drakes's mind, I hear something, a voice, a evil, twisted, demonically deep voice.

To Be Continued...