Chapter 2 | Deceived

"I can not change you, so I must replace you."

Lucid Dreams - Juice WRLD

_____________

Drake's POV:

Love, in my opinion, is overrated. In most cases, it gives short term pleasure and always ends up fading away, but do I really believe that or am I just making up petty excuses to fill the void in my soul? I don't know anymore, and I hide all of these thoughts behind a mask.

We've been riding for hours in silence, enjoying the tranquility and calmness of nature, not the loud noises of the busy streets. I've never been this far out before, it almost seems like another world out here.

The dry leaves crack under the feet of our galloping horses, winter slowly rolling in, I can already feel the change in temperature.

The peace is interrupted by the sudden halt of the horse's, refusing to go any further.

"What's wrong boy?" I ask the horse, rubbing at his mane. "He senses a threat." Dan states.

"It's best we travel on foot for now, the horse's could stir up trouble if their to loud." I spoke and the guys nod in response.

We let the horse's stay here and we continue on foot. I begin to notice a hill forming and we climb to the top of it, looking at the surroundings, what we see surprises us all. "It's a demon camp."

I state very quietly, not wanting to alert the demons with their heightened hearing and sense of smell.

"Not just any demon camp, it's a slave trade, it has humans locked up in the cages, right over there." Tim says softly and points in the direction of the cages, showing all the people in them.

"Alright, first order of business, we need to save these people and take them back to the palace. Their efforts could strengthen the refuge." I say confidently and I crouch down and crawl down the hill.

I crawl over to a crack in the wall, that leads into the camp, I'm followed by the guys as we hide and sneak through the camp to the cages.

We make it over and I tell them to watch my back as I try and open the lock. I take a needle out and I fiddle inside it, trying to unlock it. "Hurry it up Drake, we're going to get spotted." Don says, rushing me.

"I'm going as fast as I can, I'm not use to picking locks like these, their not the same like the ones in the palace."

I finally manage to open the cage and I reach my hand out to grab the person. I grab the persons shoulder, and it's soft to the touch, I slowly turn it over and the person...

Isn't real, it's a fake. I breath in deeply and I mentally prepare.

"Guy's, it's an ambush." I state softly and their heads turn to me slowly. "Everybody run!" I shout and a large amount of demons jump out to attack us. I pull out my sword and I begin to defend myself, I swing my sword at the first demon and it splits open at the touch of my blade. The guys begin to fight aswell, finishing off the last bit of demons before running off, as we're running, something catches my attention at the corner of my eye. A girl, a gorgeous girl, sleeping soundly in the cage, her soft dark brown hair, nearly black, lays on her shoulders, spread across the floor.

Her eyes are closed, making me unable to see her eye colour but her lips are pink and plump, and her eye lashes are long and elegant, who is this girl? I stop instantly and I can't help but stare, I'm drawn to her, this feeling is unexplainable and I can't stop looking at her, my heart and soul feel connected to her, it's like I'm trapped in a trance.