Chapter 20 | Fear Death

"Verdant valley's bloom,
Oceans calm and blue,
A silent guardian,
A universe within."

Who's Next? - Divide Music

__________________________

Drake's POV:

After killing the demon General and a hoard of demons, we decided to loot the cabin and continue on our journey to Earth demon territory, we still needed their herbal plants and medicine, and if they resist, force will be applied.

"Night's almost here, we should find shelter soon," I say as I push through the bush, my nose smelling fresh food, and my ears hearing the sound of chatting and laughing, what's going on?

"Do you'll hear that?" I ask and they shake their heads, confused. "Hear what?" Addison questions and I look back at the forest. "Never mind, just keep following behind me."

I hear her heart beating slowly in my ears, every step she takes, every breath she inhales, every movement of hers I can hear and sense, these demon senses are overpowered. We continue and push through the tree line, turns out my hunch was right, stumbling upon what seems to be a village celebrating, interesting. We walk through the crowded village, cheerful laughing and talking rings in my ears as the people go about their day, is this a festival? I can see some indicators by the posters and the fire dancing that's going on. Distracted by the crowd, I bump into a civilian, a woman to be precise, her blonde hair glimmering underneath the flames of the festival's lights.

She turns around and looks up at me, bright blue eyes peering from behind long eyelashes and full lips, flawless skin with a perfect smile. She's undoubtedly attractive but something switches me off when I look at her, weird. She does a slow once over on my body, my shirt still torn from the spears, showcasing my bare chest and abdomen from underneath. Her lips pull up into a seductive yet bright smile and I already know what's coming next.

"Hey there stranger." She says and I can already feel the desire oozing out of her, wait how can I feel desire coming from a person? Must be these demon powers.

I cock my head slightly, looking at the group of people behind, staring at me. "Hey." I say and she raises her hand, placing it on my chest, slowly sliding it over to my shoulder, "Never seen you before, where you from?" She questions and I feel a deadly gaze from behind me, powerful heat pressing against my back.

"The Alose Kingdom," I say and her eyebrows raise, looking visibly surprised. "I'm guessing you're a knight, no wonder you look so ravishing." She says and I feel the heat increase behind me, and someone else's hand comes onto my shoulder, pushing the hand of this girl off of me.

"You're wrong." Addison says as she steps to the side of me, her body tensed up and I can hear the venom dripping from her voice, is she jealous?

"We'll who's this? A little lady friend of yours?" The girl questions and Addison's fists clench. "Friend? No, much, much more." Addison says and the girl in front of her frowns, probably getting riled up as well.

"A lover then?" She asks and Addison shakes her head. "It's complicated." She replies and the girl smirks.

"We'll since it's not official between you two, can't we share him? Since y'know, I always get what I want." She says with a devious smile and Addison's hand lights up with fire.