Chapter 10 | The Farm

"I've dug two graves for us my dear,
I can't pretend that I was perfect, leaving you in fear."

Revenge - XXXTENTACION

__________________

Drake's POV:

Time goes by like a blur, I can't seem to focus on anything else besides her, God save me, I'm tripping over pussy, it's something about her...

I push through the tree line and I halt in my tracks. I notice a large monster, surrounded by layers of stone, with a bright blue core in its chest, it's standing right next to a barn, this must be the farm we were searching for.

"Everyone get down," I whisper as I hide behind a tree, Addison and the boys duck down as well. "What is it?" Addison asks but I keep my eye on the creature. "I don't know," I state, crouching down. Suddenly the monster starts to turn our way, can it sense us? It begins to charge an energy ball from its chest and my instincts kick in, "Everyone move, it's about to attack!"

I jump down, hiding my body as the ball of energy shoots forward and causes a large explosion, uprooting trees and clearing the entire hill we stood on, we need to get out of here, it's too powerful. The smoke begins to clear and I slowly stand up, "Everyone okay?"

I search around and I see Addison and the guys getting up from the sand. Addison has a stream of blood running down her temple, she feels it with her hand and hisses in pain. I rush to her and check the wound, "Minimal damage, you'll be fine, we need to get out of here, this monster is too powerful." She nervously nods in response and looks behind me, she screams and I turn around, seeing the monster walking towards me, I try to move but it grabs me and flings me into the barn wall, breaking through.

I feel shards of wood pierced into my back, but I have no time to worry about that, their in danger. I rise from the dirt and I see the monster chasing after Addison, followed by the guys, Tim shooting arrows at it, but deflects off it's stone body.

I need to distract it and lure it away from them.

"Addison, come this way!" I call out and she hears me, taking a fast turn and running towards the barn, I see a chain on the floor and I pick it up. Addison runs pass me and I launch the chain into the air, wrapping around the monsters arm, pulling it back.