16| The Clarke Eclipse

I am in Berlin

I am in Berlin. Yes. Out of the blue, I abruptly changed whole the business plan and came to Berlin for some work that Noah had to do.

He was pissed but so was I. Leaving my whole work in Noah's hands was the last thing I wanted. Not that I didn't trust him but he is not the earnest person I would want to handover my office to.

He could drop some projects just because they didn't pass his vibe. And sign some projects out of his kindness and sympathy.

But it is what it is now.

I'm here.
I had to get out of that place to divert my mind. I was thought it was a good idea to get my mind off the strange things that had recently happened.

Bianca.

I couldn't get my mind into that kind of things. I didn't need any distractions.

But that voice of hers wasn't something you could easily distract from.

"Aaron! Hey...?" Rebecca says with a distressed look on her face.

"Wh-what? I was- You were saying something?" I snap out of my thoughts.

"I said we're here."

"oh-oh. Yes"

"Are you alright?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm fine." I reply sternly.

I got out of the car and walked towards the hotel.

Tomorrow, I had to meet the board of directors of our company's branch in Berlin.

I lay on the bed, trying to get some sleep, but I couldn't get her thought out of my head.
That voice, that face, that perfect body.

I am highly disappointed at myself for these kind of thoughts.

I have barely known her for 2 days and it's just so unseemly.

I thought coming to Berlin was a good idea to get my mind off her and concentrate on work.

Two weeks would be enough to clear my head and set myself right. I hope this plan works out.
----------
The alarm went off, I was up. I opened my eyes and the first thing that crossed my mind was her.

"fuck no" I groaned.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I can not let that get me.
This is not how this Berlin was supposed to work.

I sigh!

I shake these thoughts off and go straight for a hot shower.
---------------
"They are already in the room." An employee said showing us the boardroom.

"Okay, thank you" Rebecca replied to him.

Now, Rebecca and I were in the boardroom.

I remembered how Bianca sat next to me throughout that day making notes and looking pretty as ever.