22 Business Proposal

Kai and I met Noah on our way to the main hall, then Kai went the other way

Kai and I met Noah on our way to the main hall, then Kai went the other way. And Noah and I walked down the confusing hallways.

"Well you see I had this urgent work here, so I had to leave early. Hope everything went well with Aaron." He says more like asks.

I look at him with a blank expression on my face.

"Nothing went well."

"Oh!" He frowns. "Were you late?"

"Yes." I nod walking towards the main hall.

The hall looked straight out of some movie. The walls were the shade of golden brown with perfect dim lightening around the room as a huge chandelier hung from the ceiling with other beautiful lights. There were round tables on one side of the hall and a dancing stage on the other and beside the stage there was a bar. There was a balcony giving the view of the ocean.

Some people sat on the tables drinking wine, some of them at bar. A few people were dancing on the stage as soft music played in the background. And some of them were standing and talking. All of them were dressed in fine posh dresses.
rich people.

"Did he leave without you?" Noah asked.

"No."

"Did he yell at you?"

"No."

"Silent Treatment?"

"Yes."

"Aww, when did my brother become calm? Trust me, that's really nice of him. Guess he ain't that much of a dick."

As much as I wanted to say Yes, he is. I zipped my mouth and switched my words.

"Calm!? Holy mother of Mary! Your brother drove here like a freaking maniac. I thought I was gonna die either in a crash or out of vertigo."

"Oh. OH?" He tries to hold back a laugh.

"I'm NOT joking Noah! I literally felt nauseated the whole time!"

"I'm so sorry-"

"And my head's still hurting."

"I'm sorry, lemme get you some meds." He took his phone out.

"Kai's already got me, but I don't feel them working."

"Oh good, and yeah they might take a few minutes."

"And I'm not going back with him." I look up at him.

"Yeah, of course. I'll take you back." He purses his lips.

"You have to, and do not ghost me this time!" I warn him.

"What if I do? You'll have no choice but to take a ride with the one and only-"

I glare at him cutting him off.

"You know, Aaron sometimes thinks he's racing in F1. And might go cannonballing around waving hello to the grim reapers. You'll get used to it." He says.