21| A drive to remember

This man's gonna get me free tickets to see god today

fuck

He is driving like a maniac. He is literally flying down the highway, overtaking all the other cars. All I could only hear was the engine roaring and the fast wind rustling. I had tightly gripped the seat with my right hand and my bag with my left one. I was sitting completely stiff, almost sinking into the seat as I felt sick in the stomach. I was breathing too hard just moments away from throwing up all over his dashboard. I look outside the window just to see the blur as the cold wind blew my now messy hair onto my face. I unclutched my hand from the seat and remove the hairs from my face and put my hand on my chest trying to even my breathing. I look at him with the hope that he would slow down, but he doesn't even spare me a glance. His cold eyes were on the road, his face unbothered. I might cry now, but I try to hold my tears back and also the bile in my esophagus. But I don't dare to speak a word to him, I'm Stupid I know. But this guy is insane!

Then he took a sharp left turn, causing me to hit my head on the window.

"Owww" I whine with moist eyes.

It was then when he finally looks at me.

"Watch yourself." He says coldly while shifting his gaze back to the road.

As I was about to say something, I notice an ocean beside the road from his side of the window. Woah! I move my head to look at it from a better angle but his arm on the steering wheel blocks my view. The night lights were reflecting on the water, creating a shimmery effect and giving a perfect view of the water.

But suddenly that perfect view was replaced by huge walls as the car moves ahead. I realize we're going down to some basement....it's a parking lot. I sigh in relief, trying to ignore the way he is rocketing down the ramp causing my stomach to do backflips and my heart is hammering about to explode. He roughly turns the steering and finally halts.

I gulp and look straight as I try to catch my breath, I feel my head spinning, my stomach churning, my heart pounding. I throw my head back on the seat and close my eyes, trying to calm myself.

"Bro, the fuck!" I mumble to myself.

I hear the car unlock as he gets out of the car. I take a deep breath and open my side of the door and get out of the car. I stumble on my heels but I quickly steady myself. I look up just to find him already looking at me with eyebrows slightly furrowed and holding his phone to his ear.

He turns around and starts walking then I notice those two bodyguards standing beside their car. One of them catches the keys that Mr. Clarke tosses to him while the other signals me to walk.

I walk, balancing myself I follow him while the bodyguards walk behind us.

We get out of the basement and start walking toward the ocean. Then I realize where we are actually going.