25| A Glimpse into His Soul

"Why did you stop your medication?" He asked looking straight into my eyes

"I've already told you more than ten times, I did not stop taking them, I forgot to take them with me to Berlin."

"Why?"

I might want to smack his head on the table now.

"It's apparently a basic human tendency to forget, I guess I'm one too."

"I know Mr. Clarke, But your health must be your priority, and the medications aren't something you can forget, knowing very well how things end for you without them sometimes."

I move my gaze from him to the ceiling and sigh.

"Do you get it why I'm here?" I ask trying to keep my tone calm.

"I do, Mr. Clarke. Y-"

"I'm here to seek help." I cringe at my words but that's what everyone calls it. seeking help. "I'm not here so you could lecture me like a kindergarten kid who forgot his books at home." I lean towards the table separating our chairs in front of me. "Yes, I forgot my medicines back at home when I was away, but I did take them yesterday and they didn't fucking work."

"I understand. And that's what I'm saying." He said taking his frog-eyed glasses off. "Skipping them for a few days might have an effect on you body and your mind."

"So, you want me to go back in the time and fix it? Fucking hell, you're a doctor. Give me a goddamn solution!"

"I will Mr. Clarke, but I'll have to follow the whole procedure." He clicked him pen and wrote something down before gesturing me to speak. "Mr. Clarke, you know it's for your own good. I can understand how vulnerable you might feel while all of this but-"

"Then do something about it Dr. fucking Turner. That's what you get paid for. I've been here for 23 minutes, tell me what you did except make me repeat the same things again and again to you while you just nodded and gave shitty excuses and theories about them."

"Take a deep breath, Mr. Clarke and please start." That fucker calmly says.

I knew there was no point in arguing; the quicker I spoke, the quicker I could leave this place. So, I began.

"My name is Aaron Vincent Clarke. And I've been on treatment and medications for PTSD since I was 15. The treatment and meds help to keep everything at bay....usually. They help me go through the day without having any kind of.... hindrances? Like...headaches, anxiety or panic attacks, and the...the flashbacks. They've also helped me with the insomnia and nightmares and the other things-

"Name the other things." He cuts me off.

"I don't know what terms they're called...And do not interrupt me when I speak."

I take a deep breath and take out my handkerchief to wipe the sweat off my face and hairline. I look at my hands trembling and quickly clench them into fists before starting off where I left.