♥Chapter: 4♥

It was 7:30 p.m. and I was home alone in the darkness. Nothing I do for this boy ever seems to please him enough. He makes me so pissed off at times that I never seemed to try my best and leave him. But no, I just couldn't. I couldn't do that because Imani needed him! I needed him! Without Tyrese, I wouldn't have anybody... anybody at all. Yeah I had Jayda. But she's a friend. I need loving. Since my parents could care less, me is all that I have. Why couldn't Tyrese know how to treat me right!? He made me feel like the biggest loser in the whole world. Tears streamed down my face periodically as I laid down in my room in the dark. The windows closed, the curtains closed and everything closed as I cried myself out.

Things just cannot ever change for me... ever. I tried to keep myself happy with Imani by my side and with my best friend Jayda. I tried to stay strong by doing things myself, taking care of my daughter and taking care of myself too. I even stayed intelligent at the best that I can. I stayed in school, I'm a tutor, I study, I work, and I plan on going to college someday. But every time I try to do something good, some negative shit gets thrown my way and I can never dodge it. Silly me... thinking I can do this all by myself. I can't do this by myself. I try and try and try and it's just no use. No use at all. I just wish things could go to normal. My mom off drugs, my dad would be around, Tyrese would be be nice to me and I would be living in a better neighborhood. There is never an escape for me. There's just a big black hole that sucks me into misery. That who I am... that's who I am supposed to be... that's Camille Washington for you.

Suddenly, my phone started vibrating and I didn't want to dare see who would be on the caller I.D. But it could be about Imani, so I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and took a deep breath, sniffing up my tears.

To my relief it was my girl Jayda... At least she would probably be able to cheer me up. I answered right away.

"Hey girl..." I said depressively.

"Hey what's up?" Jayda replied.

"Girl... I don't know. I honestly don't know." I started choking up with tears.

"Do you need me to come over!?" She said with worry.

"I really need you here Jayda. Do you mind?"

"Not at all girl, I'm going to be there in fifteen minutes. Darnell will drop me off."

"Okay..." I hanged up and took a sigh. Darnell was her current boyfriend that she met a month ago. He was nice, charming, and handsome and never beat up or abused my home girl. But it seemed like Tyrese was in a whole totally different world. By the time I get Imani tomorrow after school Tyrese would probably beat me up again. And I wasn't even prepared for that. Not at all...

----

Around fifteen minutes later, I heard the doorbell ring. It was Jayda. The best person I can trust to not hurt me. I made sure I tried to make myself look more colorful and happy than black and depressed; even though that's how I'm feeling inside. I wore a pink t-shirt, some yellow sweat pants, and my hair was up in a ponytail. I rushed to the front door and tried to put a smile on my face but it was hard as ever.

"Hey Jayda." I said.

"Girl... you sound happier than you did on the phone. Is everything alright now?" She said getting inside my place, placing her fur coat on my couch. A fur coat? Man... her man be rolling in money. She was wearing a black skirt, a white halter-top, some sliver jewelry and her hair was combed straight. It even seemed like she had on a fresh manicure and pedicure on her hands and toes.

"First of all... where you got that expensive fur coat?"

She immediately gleamed in delight and showed it off to me. Sometimes she can be too much.