♥Chapter: 13♥

It was around 11:00pm by the time Xavier arrived at the front of my apartment complex. I didn't want the night to end. The way Xavier made me laugh, stick up for me, and held me down was not even enough for me. I was damn glad I went out tonight, cause If I stayed home, all I would do is cry and contemplate on ways to make my life better, but my time with Xavier was one of the best times I eva had in my life so far.
He soon stopped his car and looked at me and smiled.
"What?" I said surfacing a smile on my face as well. Whenever someone smiled at me, it was damn contagious. I couldn't help myself.
"Don't tell me you didn't have fun tonight."
"Okay, okay... I did have fun tonight."
"Yes! Score one for Xavier, no points for your stupid-ass boyfriend of yours, who I think you should dump."
"Xavier... don't tell me what to do okay? Let's not go there."
"Aw c'mon ma. You mean to tell me that you still love that boy despite all that shit he does to you?"
"Well... well... I-"
"Camille... you got to leave that nigga alone. You have to. And if you're to scared to do it, you got me Camille. You have me. I just want you to know that. Cause if he hurts you again, I'ma kill him."
"Don't worry. I don't think he'll do some shit like that again for awhile." I said thinking about how weird it was to see him earlier today, bringin me roses and sayin he changed. I couldn't wait to see him upstairs and give him one big kiss for tryin to become a betta boyfriend, cause I was getting damn tired of the way he would be treatin' me.
"You really think so? Cause once an abuser, always an abuser."
"Shut your damn mouth about Ty." I said shoving Xavier playfully on the arm.
We both laughed.
"Thanks for everything Xavier. I guess your not that bad after all."
"You still think I wanted to kidnap yo daughter or sumthin like that still?"
I laughed. I was a damn fool to think someone like Xavier would try to steal my precious Imani. I should've known betta, and I cant wait to see her when I get home.
"Nahh. Your good Xavier. Your good."
"Iight, that's what I like to hear."
"Yeah..." I said in an awkward moment.
Silence hit the car, and I didn't know what to say.
Suddenly, Xavier looked at me with his hazel eyes and then... for some damn reason... I looked back at him... I looked back at him for a while. I never realized how cute his eyes were... they were even... even... cuter that Tyrese's eyes. What the fuck? Wait a minute... hold up, rewind! What am I thinking!!!!!? I betta get the hell outta this damn car before I start thinking of some other dumb shit.
I DO NOT LIKE XAVIER, AND I NEVER WILL... At least, I don't think I will.
"Well I gotta go bye!" I said opening the door, closing it and running up the apartment stairs.
"Are you sure you gonna be good and everything?" Xavier said pullin down his window and starting the car again.
"I'ma be alright. Goodnight." I quickly opened the door and started goin up the stairs towards the fifth floor.
Damn. Lookin' at that boy's eyes were somewhat mesmerizing.
I couldn't believe I was actually fallin for him for a second. I swear, if that happens again, I'ma make sure my ass don't go out with him again.
As I reached my floor, I pulled out my keys from my bag.
I couldn't wait to see Tyrese and how he took care of our wonderful daughter. If Tyrese did a decent job, I might even give him more than a kiss, which I know he would like.
After pullin out my keys, I tried budging it into the lock but it wouldn't fit.
What hell was goin on?
I soon tried budging it, budging it, and budging it but the key wouldn't fuckin fit.
"What the hell? Go in already!" I said yellin to myself. I pushed and pushed and pushed, but the damn key would fit in.
"How the hell is it no fitting anymore?"
 I don't know if I took the wrong key or if I'm at the wrong door. But I definitely know apartment #18 was my door. I been goin to it my whole damn life.
"OPEN THE DOOR TYRESE, OPEN THE DOOR!!!" I yelled on frustration.
Now who the damn hell would come and change my lock without my permission!? If it was the landlord because I didn't pay my rent bill yet, I was gonna make sure I kill her. Cause she ain't got the right to do that.
After not hearing him reply, I banged and banged and banged on the door a dozen types but this nigga wouldn't bother to answer!
"TYRESE OPEN! IT'S ME CAMILLE! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!!!" I soon started to get worried. Was he even in there? Was Imani even in there!? Was anybody in there!?
"TYRESE!! PLEASE OPEN UP! OPEN UP!"
I banged on the door over 100 times and still nobody would come answer it.
I felt my eyes start to weaken, and my heart started beating faster as I became full of worry. I started to cry and I felt my heart start to break in pieces.
Please God, oh please dear God, please don't tell me Tyrese took Imani. Please God, please no. Please no.
"TYRESE!!! PLEASE O-O-OPEN TH-THE D-DOOR!" I said as I became choked with tears. More water fell down my face, faster and faster.
If Tyrese killed Imani, or kidnapped her, I SWEAR! I SWEAR I WILL KILL HIM! I WILL KILL HIM WITH ALL MY MIGHT.
I quickly took my phone and started dialing his number right away.
"The number you have reached is unavailable. Please try again later. Thank you."
"No... no... NO! NO!!!" I said as I kept on crying. He had to answer, he had to!
I then called again... no answer.
I called again... still no answer.
I called another five times... still no answer.
I called another three times still no answer.
"NOOOOO!!!" I said as I fell to the floor as my heart suddenly broke into a million pieces. I felt my soul burn inside of me, as the thought of not seein Imani pierce my throat, I felt like I was about to die. Tyrese, that damn fuckin bitch Tyrese... I TRUSTED HIM TO STAY WITH HER!!! I TRUSTED HIM WITH ALL MY HEART, AND SOUL! NOW HE KILLED ME INSIDE.
Xavier was right... Xavier was damn right. I should of left Tyrese alone for good.
I SHOULD OF; I WAS STUPID, STUPID, STUPID... I can never forgive myself for this!
"IMANIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I soon started crying more louder, and quicker. I felt a headache begin to form on me... I was slowly dying inside. If I couldn't have Imani, I wouldn't want to live anymore.
Suddenly I heard crying downstairs and it sounded like a baby... and not just any ordinary baby... MY IMANI!! MY SWEET IMANI!
I ran as fast as I could down the stairs, as I felt my shredded heart almost jump out of me.
She was there.... She was right there.
Crying for her mommy.
Her mommy was right here. Right here.
I felt like I was starting to come back to life again. Dear God, thank you so much. Imani was here, well alive and here right in front of me.
I ran almost as fast as a cheetah and fell to the floor right next to my angel and squeezed her little cute self as much as I could, and gave her a dozen kisses.
"IMANI! YOUR SAFE!! MY BABY YOUR SAFE!!" I said as I held on to her and put all my strength, and energy on to her.
I know I couldn't stay here. If I were to stay here, Tyrese and maybe some of his gang members would try and kill me.
I don't know who placed Imani here but I couldn't stay here. I couldn't! I had to go somewhere. It was unsafe for me to be here. I couldn't even open my door. There was only one place I know I could be... and that's Xavier's place.
"Imani, lets go, lets go, lets go!" I said picking her up and running out of the apartment building.
It was super dark outside, and I felt somebody was watchin me as I made my way to Xavier's apartment.
As I ran and ran and ran in fear, I cried more than a puddle of tears.

It was even more darker by the time I arrived at Xavier's apartment building, which took me more than 10 minutes.
Along the way, me and Imani couldn't stop crying, and I couldn't stop thinking what the hell was wrong with Tyrese. HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO ME!! He said he would be there, he would watch after Imani and everything, but instead left her on the floor where anybody could kidnap her and leave. I TRUSTED HIM!!!!! ! I TRUSTED HIM WITH ALL MY DAMN MIGHT!!! And he had to let me down like this... almost makin me kill myself.
As I got inside the building I went up to the second floor and started banging on Xavier's door a dozen times. I needed a place to stay. I was a wreck... I couldn't possibly think and act right with all the thoughts runnin through my head, and over the fact that Tyrese is a devil! I HATE HIM, I HATE HIM, I HATE HIM!!! And I don't think I can ever get over the fact he fuckin did this to me. I can't, I just can't.
"OPEN PL-PL-PLEASE!!! O-O-OPEN UP! X-X-XAVIER! OPEN UP!" I said. I felt my throat closing on me as tears overwhelmed my voice. I was starting to feel like I was dying again.
Suddenly I saw the doorknob start fidgeting and he opened up right away.
"SHIT! CAMILLE!!!? WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU!!!?"
"XAVIER!!" I said as I dropped Imani a little bit carelessly on the floor and cried and cried and cried on his t-shirt as I pushed my body onto his and held on to his shirt.
"CAMILLE!! WHAT HAPPEN, WHAT HAPPEN!?"
"HE LIEEEEEDD!!!" I said loudly with more tears.
"WHO LIED, WHO LIED!!?"
"TYRESE LIED TO ME!!!!!!!"
"ABOUT WHAT, ABOUT WHAT!?"
"CANT YOU SEE!!!?" I said pulling away from him sternly. "HE LOCKED ME OUT OF MY FUCKIN HOUSE!!!!! NOBODY WAS THERE! NOBODY ANSWERED!!! HE-HE-HE-HE DIDN'T ANSWER HIS-HIS PHONE! AND-AND HE LEFT IMANI ON-ON-ON TH-THE FLOOR CRYING BY TH-TH-THE APART-APARTMENT DOOR!! I DIDN'T SEE HIM XAVIER!! I DIDN'T SEE HIM! WHERE DID HE GO, WHERE DID HE GO!!!?" I said dropping down to the floor, getting almost an ultimate breakdown.
"SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!!!" Xavier yelled. And I couldn't agree with him more.
"WHY YOU LEFT YOUR BABY WITH HIM CAMILLE!! WHY!?"
"BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANNA BRING HER ALONG WITH US!"
"I DON'T CARE IF YOU BRING HER EVERYWHERE CAMILLE! FROM THE FIRST DAY I SAW THAT FUCKIN TRASH BAG I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE HIM!!! NOW LOOK WHAT THE FUCK HE DID TO YOU!! I'M CALLIN THE POLICE!"
"NO DON'T DO THAT XAVIER! PLEASE NO!" If he called the police on Tyrese, I will definitely get shot by his gang sooner or later. No question about that.
"THEN WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT ME TO DO THEN!? YOU CAME HERE CRYIN YOUR HEART OUT, WHAT YOU EXPECT ME TO DO!? CAUSE IF I AINT CALLIN THE POLICE, I'MA GO KILL HIM MYSELF!"
"XAVIER PLEASE NO!"
"WHY NOT!? WHY NOT!?"
"HE'S GONNA HURT ME! HE'S GONNA HURT ME!!!" I said tuggin on his shirt again.
"CAMILLE! LET GO! LET GO OF ME!!!!" He yelled pushin me away.
I was stunned. I couldn't believe Xavier would actually do that to me? I thought he would hear me out and listen to me... but I thought wrong.
"All-all-all I-I-I- wa-wanted was-was to-to-stay with some-somebody... BUT NO! I'll just kill myself."
"CAMILLE NO." Xavier said pullin me towards him.
"Then what you want me to do!?" I said as I kept crying.
"Camille. I'm sorry for the way I overreacted. Come in. Come in." He then dragged Imani and my weak body inside his place and closed his door.
"Come on, I'ma take you into my parents room. Its bigger and there out of town. You can stay in there."
As we entered his parent's room, he turned on the lights and laid me down on the bed, placing Imani next to me.
"Camille... we can't let that fuckin nigga get away with this! I swear, why the hell you won't let me go fuck him up!!?"
"Xavier no! Please no. I don't want him hurt."
"WHAT!? Camille, how you gon let a faggot ass nigga like him get away with this shit!? This is unbelievable."
"BECAUSE I TRUSTED HIM XAVIER! I LOVED HIM!!! I LOVED HIM!!"
Even though Tyrese seriously made me feel down and out, I still trusted him. I believed every word he said. I believe everything. He said he was changing, I believed that. But I shouldn't have. I shouldn't. But deep down, I even still had love him. Hard core love for him. But he was nothing but a trader in disguise.
"Camille... I believed you loved you him. I do. But you can't let somebody like him get away with this ma. C'mon. You gotta leave him. You got to. Cause if you don't, I will kill him myself. And I ain't lyin."
"Xavier... I understand. But can you please just change the subject..." I then started crying again. My tears were taking control over my emotions.
"Aw man." Xavier said. He soon sat me up straight and gently pushed my head on to his chest and wrapped his arms around me.
"Camille... you got me. Like I told you before, whenever you need me, I'm right here. Right here for you."
"Th-th-thanks Xavier."
"In the mean time, you betta stay with me until we can get your door open. For now, all your troubles need to go away for now, and you need to get yourself some sleep."
"I don't know if I can sleep... I'm still depressed. What about all of Imani's stuff, what about my clothes, my books, MY BILLS, MY PLACE, MY-"
"Ssshh. Camille baby, don't worry about it. I gotchu. I'll help you out."
"Can I just get Imani ready to sleep?" I said getting out of Xavier embrace. He was warm and comfy, just the warmth I needed for my cold body, but I couldn't hold on to him for so long. It felt weird doin that, when I'm not broken up with Tyrese.
"You sure you gonna be okay?" He said getting up from the bed.
"Yes..." I replied wiping away my red watery eyes. "I just need some time to think."
"If anything, you know I'm right here right?"
"Yeah, thanks for everything Xavier. I don't know what I would do without you."
"Its never a problem ma. Goodnight. And will find that bastard. I promise you that. He lucky he ain't live in this building or I'll be killin him right now." After that, he soon left the room.
"Imani... I hope your okay." I said examining her body for any marks. After, I pulled covers over her small body and she started whimpering.
"Aww don't be sad baby girl. Please-please-plea..." Then I started crying again.
As I became overwhelm with tears, I couldn't bare to be alone. Even if Imani was here with me, she was just a baby. And she was starting to sleep fast anyways. I couldn't sleep without somebody else with me. Tyrese got me fucked up in so many ways. I really, really thought he would change. It was all a damn lie. All a lie. And once I see him, he's goin to pay. He will definitely pay. As I gently closed the bedroom door, I quietly walked towards Xavier's bedroom in the dark apartment and knocked softly on his door.
"Camille, is something wrong?" He said once he opened it.
"Yes..." I replied softly, as a tear went down my cheek.
"What happen?"
"... I don't wanna be alone."
"Come mere." Xavier said making room for me to get inside his room.
His room was neat with a twin size bed, a mini TV, a closet and a small desk.
"Come crawl in next to me on my bed." He said getting under the covers and sliding over to make room for me. I felt like I was bein a bother. More likely, I felt like a little girl who was scared. And I ain't a little girl. But for some reason this time, I just couldn't stand to act like an adult like I have been for the past months. I'm a damn teenager not an adult and I just wanted a break from it.
"You sure you don't mind?"
"Nahh, make yo self comfy right next to me."
I soon slide in under his cotton covers and placed my head on the left side of the pillow were sharing.
"Xavier..."
"Yes ma?"
"Kiss me..."
"You want me to kiss you?"
"I just wanna feel loved."
"Camille... I would love to." He then kissed my cheek softly and caressed my face.
"Good night ma."
"Good night." As the night went on, I prayed that tomorrow would be a better day.