♥Chapter: 9♥

It was finally the end of the damn school day. God only knows how much pain and hurt I'm going through. I stayed all 5th period in the girls bathroom, crying my heart out. Jayda hurt me. She hurt me real bad. How can that bad bitch do such a thing to me? I seriously don't see any potential in being her friend anymore. She set matches on me, lit me on fire, and watched me crumble into ashes. Just like that. Just fuckin' like that. And I can't understand where I went wrong. I really can't. Now tell me you ain't pissed at her either, cause that stupid ass Jayda is nuthin but full of mean-spirited shit. And I will get back at her, trust that. I'm not givin up without a fight. But I had other things to deal with. Even though my heart was hurting more than ever from her battle with me, I had to concentrate on important things such as Tyrese and his stupid self bringing Imani over here, and for me to be on my way to tutor with Xavier. He betta had that $100.
Or else there was going to be some serious problems between him and me.
All day, during 6th-9th period, when I would walk in the damn hallway, everybody would be laughing and callin' me out ever since what Jayda did to me.
It was humiliating. The principal didn't do shit about it, the teachers didn't do shit about it either. It's as if they know black people always seem to cause some wack ass problem so they just let it damn happen. Now that's what I call unfair treatment. But I tried to block the mocking, and tease from everybody else out of my mind. I didn't need to check some other people heads for the rest of the day.
After heading to my locker, I went outside to the noisy, crowded school parking lot, waiting for Tyrese to arrive. Its 2:25 and Tyrese is bound to be here in 5 minutes on the dot just as he said. I just prayed to God, Imani was still cheerful and full spirited the way I always like to see her. Tyrese had the audacity to hurt and never bring Imani back to me. Pfft, as if he thinks he can get away with that. He would be dumber than dumb, and I don't know if there's anybody out there in the world like that.
"CAMILLE!" I heard somebody shout.
Ugh... WHAT NOW!? All I wanted was to sit on the school's steps, rest my head on my lap till I heard a big Navigator enter the school's parking lot, but fuck no. I couldn't get a breather.
"Camille." The voice said tapping me on the shoulder.
"WHAT!?" I yelled lifting my head up and turning around.
"Well it seems like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Xavier said sitting next to me.
"Oh... it's you." I said rolling my eyes and laying my head back down on my lap.
"Is there something the matter?"
"No! Leave me alone!"
"Camille, I heard you got into a fight today. With who?"
"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled lifting my head up once again towards his face.
"Camille, don't even take it like that, I just wanna know if your-"
"I'M OKAY! JUST GO!"
"Damn, I guess I'ma need to find another tutor to give $100 too."
Dammit! I almost forgot all about that nice amount of money I needed to pay my phone bill. They were bound to cut off my phone today at any moment if I don't pay soon.
"Sorry about that. I forgot about that money you was gunna give me."
"I knew that would wake you up a bit." He said laughing a bit.
"Well... we can't go yet."
"Why's that?"
"Tyrese..."
"What? Man... don't tell me you're up here sitting your cute self on the steps for your damn ass nigga to pick you up are you?"
"YES I AM XAVIER! Got a problem with that?"
"You know what? I do. I do have a problem with that."
"Well to bad! I ain't need you to-"
Suddenly I saw a large Navigator pullin up to the school's parking lot.
Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, OH SHIT! It's TYRESE! IT'S TYRESE! He definitely could not see me sittin next to Xavier.
"XAVIER HIDE!"
"What!? For what!?"
"Tyrese, Tyrese he's here! JUST FUCKIN HIDE!"
"But why do I gotta-"
I quickly pushed him behind a tree and I quickly walked up to Ty's car. Xavier betta not get out from behind that dang tree. Or Tyrese will have me and his ass combined together.
I soon heard Tyrese's car unlock and I got in the passenger seat to greet him.
"Hey Tyrese." I said trying to form a smile on my face, even though I felt fake when I did it.
"Ma ma! Ma ma!" Imani said shakin her little rattle, and smiling to see me.
At least that truly made me smile at her.
"Now you finally get here on fuckin time!" He yelled counting the money he made from sellin his drugs earlier. And damnn that money looked good. It looked like he had almost $300 on his hand and I knew he wouldn't give me even a dollar from it.
"Don't be yellin at me like that. Damn. Your so quick to argue with me!"
"Just get your damn baby, and get the hell outta my car." He said still not eyeing me and still countin his money.
"But Tyrese I wanted to give you a kiss. Don't you even damn miss me?"
"Miss you? MISS YOU!? HOW THE FUCK CAN I MISS YOU WHEN YOU WON'T EVEN BE AT MY CRIB WITH ME TODAY." He yelled slammin his counted money on top of his car wheel.
"Tyrese... you know that I can't."
"Every single fuckin time I need you, YOU CAN'T EVEN BE THERE FOR ME!? WHAT TYPE OF FOOL ARE YOU!!!?"
"TYRESE! You gotta understand me! This test is really important for me!" I said lying. I really hated lying to people, but this was a time I had to.
"MY OWN DAMN NIGGA GOT SHOT TODAY! AND I NEED YOU TO COMFORT ME!"
"THE ONLY COMFORT YOU KNOW IS SEX TYRESE! THAT'S ALL YOU WANT FROM ME!"
"You don't get it Camille... YOU DON'T GET IT! THAT'S WHAT I WANT FROM YOU, AND I DON'T WANT TO WAIT."
"I can't believe you Tyrese. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN ABOUT ME NOT 'PLEASURING' YOU ENOUGH, WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN FUCKIN ASK ME HOW MY DAY IS!"
"Get your damn baby and get the FUCK out my car!" Tyrese said sternly.
Unexpectedly, Tyrese's phone started ringing and I quickly saw who was on the caller I.D.
That damn bitch Liyah.
Every time I see that damn name on my man's cell phone, blood boiled in my system and I had a feeling she was more than just a damn friend.
I quickly snatched Tyrese's phone before he could take it and tried to open the call.
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOIN, YOU DAMN BITCH!" Tyrese yelled tryin to grab the ringing phone from me.
"TYRESE I GOT TO SEE WHO THIS LIYAH GIRL IS!" I yelled back pushin him away from me, but he was damn strong.
"GIVE IT THE FUCK BACK RIGHT NOW!"
"NO!"
"GIVE IT RIGHT NOW! RIGHT NOW!"
"ARE YOU CHEATIN ON ME TYRESE!? ARE YOU!?"
Soon Imani started crying, but I had to get this settled.
"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIVE IT BACK!"
"MAKE ME!"
Out of no where, Tyrese's large biceps got bigger, and in less than 3 seconds, that nigga blew the hardest slap ever to me and knocked me right out of his navigator onto the hard concrete ground.
I felt the powerful blow to my face race around my head, traveling down my arms, down my tummy, and then down to my legs. And it was one of the most powerful things I probably ever felt in my whole life. I was excruciating with pain, I moaned and groaned, and yet nobody dared to come help me.
"WAAAA!!!!!!!!!" Imani yelled, as Tyrese took her out of his car, along with her baby stuff and carelessly dropped her on the ground.
"FUCK YOU, YOU BITCH! TRY TO FUCKIN DO THAT AGAIN, AND I WILL SHOOT YOUR ASS!" Tyrese yelled.
I soon heard his car door slam shut, and his car screech off from the school parking lot.
"HOLY SHIT!" I heard Xavier say as he came running quickly to me. "CAMILLE! CAMILLE, ARE YOU OKAY!?"
I was on full sadness. This day couldn't get any worse. But it wasn't even over.
Tears, and tears poured from my eyes, I felt a major headache come on. What did I ever do to deserve this type of life? I couldn't take it anymore. Tyrese was treatin me like I was some type of nail and hammered me with pain all the damn time. It was getting ridiculous. I just was willing to see him change, that's all I want. Is for him to change. And become a good man.
"Camille! Camille!" Xavier yelled carefully helping me up as I struggled to get up.
Tears kept trickling down my face, and all I wanted was to get my $100.
"Come on Camille. Let's go to my car." Xavier said. He wrapped his arm around my waist softly, while caring Imani and her bag on his other arm and we walked slowly to his car.
And I didn't even care. I just wanted the damn pain to go away.

"Camille, Camille wake up..." I heard somebody say.
"Huh... uh... Uhh.. What?" I said tiredly. I opened my sleepy watery eyes open a bit and found out I was in Xavier's car. What the hell happened!?
"What the..." I said coming more back to life. Where was I!?
"Xavier... where the hell am I?"
"Damn, for 20 minutes, you sure do fall asleep heavily."
"Just tell me where the hell I am!" I was fed up, tired, hungry, and sad all at once. That slap Tyrese blew at me took all my energy. All I know is that I want my $100. Wherever we are, I don't care. I just need to tutor him and get my way to work soon. Oh shit! Work! What damn time is it!? I can NOT be late.
"What time is it!!?"
"Relax Camille, it's only 3:00."
"Oh... good. Now lets get tutoring."
"Now how we gunna tutor in my car?"
"I don't give a damn! Get your notebook out and lets do it! I want my $100."
"Camille how about we-"
"NO! LETS DO THIS!"
"CAMILLE I JUST WANT TO SAY-"
"I SAID LETS GET TO WORK!"
"BUT CAMILLE I-"
"SHUT UP BOY! LET'S GO!"
"WERE NOT AT THE LIBRARY!"
"I SAID LETS- Wait a minute... what!?"
"Camille, ma... relax. Were not at the library yet."
"What you mean were not at the library?" Where the fuck did this boy take me too? He betta not be doin what I think he be doin!
"Listen, I saw what that dumb ass bastard did to you. I wanted to treat you."
"Treat me for what Xavier!? I want my damn money!"
"Camille! Chill ma. Chill. I wanted to treat you and your baby to some ice cream. Is that cool?"
"MY BABY! MY BABY!!" I quickly turned around, totally forgetting about Imani and I saw her happily playing with a doll on her lap. Where the hell she got that doll!?
"WHO'S DOLL IS THAT!"
"That's my niece's doll. I found it in my car, and I wanted to give it your baby."
"WHO KNOWS WHERE THE HELL THAT BEEN YOU KIDNAPPER!" I yelled taking the doll away from Imani.
She soon started crying.
"WAA!!! WAA!!! WAA!!!!"
"Camille! You gotta trust me!"
"HOW THE FUCK CAN I TRUST YOU! I THOUGHT WE WAS GOIN TO GO TO THE LIBRARY BUT INSTEAD YOU WANT TO TAKE ME ON A DATE! ISN'T THAT RIGHT!"
"NO CAMILLE!"
"NO DON'T LIE TO ME!"
"CAMILLE THIS ISN'T WHAT IT SEEMS LIKE-"
"YES IT IS!"
"No Camille! I came to treat you and your daughter for some ice cream. Is that so bad?"
"Ice cream?" I said confused.
"Yes! That's what I've been tryin to tell you Camille. But you wouldn't listen to me. After your damn ass boyfriend slapped you outta this world, I didn't come in time to beat the crap outta him. So I decided I treat you to some dessert before we go studying. Is that cool?"
Xavier?? Treatin me to some ice cream?? Why was he actin so damn nice to me!?
"Xavier... your not just doin this shit to make me like you more than a friend are you?"
He laughed. "Nahh ma. I ain't doin any shit like that. I just wanted to treat you to some ice cream."
"But why would you wanna use your money on me fo?"
"Camille... let's just get in. Please."
I was confused. This boy was seriously layin it on thick. I never got treated for ice cream my whole life. Not even by Tyrese. This was a first. As a matter of fact, I haven't had ice cream in over 3 years. And shoot, I was starving as hell. I might as well take up the offer.
"Fine, whuteva. But we betta be studying after!"
"Of course Camille, don't worry about that." Xavier said getting out of the car.
I quickly got my bag, and took Imani out the car with me heading into the cool ice cream store.
"Yay!! Yay!!!" Imani said clapping her hands together.
"Aww, my little princess wants some ice cream?"
"Yayy! Yay!" She repeated.
"That's a real cute daughter you got." Xavier said.
"Oh... umm thanks."
I still don't damn get it. Why was this boy actin so nice to me? First the $20 tip, now ice cream? Why would he wanna be nice to a girl like me whose always mad at everybody?
He soon ordered two large banana split sundaes for me and him, and a soft serve vanilla ice cream for Imani.
"So why are you doin this?" I said sitting at an empty table. I laid Imani on my lap as she continued to play with her new doll.
"Because, I just feel like it's the right thing to do." He said.
"Boy, if you tryin to-"
"Camille... listen up. I ain't tryin to do anything to you iight? I just feel like you deserve better."
"Deserve better what?"
"Deserve better treatment."
"Pfft, please. I got perfect treatment."
"You think you got perfect treatment Camille? I see that nigga of your's that you call your 'boyfriend' and he's doin one stupid-ass job at it."
"What the hell!? No he's not! He's doin a fine job..."
"Camille... how the heck is he doin a good job when he's treatin you like some can on the street, kickin you all around?"
"HE'S NOT DOIN SHIT! NOW LAY OFF!" I yelled.
I attracted some attention, but I didn't care one bit. This boy had to get this clear, and get it clear now.
"Camille... ask me this simple question. Why you still with that nigga? Look what he did to your fine face... He slapped it. And he should of known betta to ever touch a woman like that."
"Xavier... I ain't goin to tell you this again. And listen carefully, STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS! We came here to eat some damn ice cream. So be it." I soon tickled Imani, and she started laughing.
At least she never gets on my nerves.
"All I'm just sayin is that, that nigga don't love you Camille."
"HOW CAN YOU SAY SOMETHIN LIKE THAT!?"
"C'mon now. How you gon be with that bastard who only abuses you, and don't even knows how to treat you right."
"TYRESE DOES KNOW HOW TO TREAT ME RIGHT!"
"Oh really? By the way I see it, that dude needs to step."
"I LOVE TYRESE! AND NOBODY CAN TELL ME THE FUCK OTHERWISE!"
I was getting stressed out. If Xavier was about to be all up in my grill about Tyrese, I was about to check him the same way I did to Jayda. Except this time, I won't lose.
Soon our ice creams got delivered to our table, and damn did it look so good. I quickly started diggin in, as Imani ate her ice cream with her tiny fingers.
"Damn, I'm guessin that nigga don't feed you either."
I ignored answerin that boy's question, cause he was right. Tyrese wouldn't even give me a penny for food, unless I do some naughty shit with him. And I couldn't bear to think of that now. I had food right here, and that's all that matter. I just hoped I had some later tonight.
"Camille... you need to dump that nigga."
I froze. What did he just say... what did he just say!? WHAT DID HE JUST SAY!?
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?"
"Camille, I'm only sayin this because I care okay?"
"EXCUSE ME!? But who do you think that you can tell me what to do!?"
"Cam, I can't stand that nigga doin you like that? You don't understand how hard it is for me to not be able to kill that boy for you. I don't like seein you hurt."
"THIS IS MY LIFE XAVIER! What I do. Is what I do. So just bug off."
"All I'm sayin ma, is that if I see him do some shit like that do you again, trust that I'ma do something about it."
He better not hurt Tyrese! I swear if anybody is to hurt Tyrese, IT'S ME.
"You betta not DARE think of doin anything to him boy."
"Camille,  you're a smart girl. I know you can be smart when you want to. Especially with your fine tutorin skills. But you gotta use that head of yours. That Tyrese nigga is nuthin but usin your cute self for some booty call, then abuse you straight in the head. I can't STAND seein him do that you ma. Please tell me you'll do something about it."
"Xavier don't you dare tell me what to do! I can deal with this my-"
Suddenly he took my hand right hand gently and held it up to his face.
"What the hell are you doin?" I said ready to snatch it away from him.
And then... he softly kissed my hand and laid it back down carefully on the table.
I was shocked. In complete utter shock. Why did he do that for?
"Wh-wh-wha-what was th-that for?" I said confused.
"Camille, just listen to me. Listen to me for just a second. You can't let that boy do this to you. You deserve way better than that. Listen, I know you just started meeting me, but when I see you in hurt and distress, it hurts me okay? Your life is already complicated enough. And I ain't givin you $100 for no reason. I know you need it. And I'm here for you ma. I'ma always be here for you. But you gotta let ol' bastard go. "
"But Xavier I-"
"Camille... please. You can't let him do this to you! You can't. Cause if you don't do something bout it, I will. Cause I don't wanna see you hurt ever again. Your beautiful ma, and I just wanted you to know that."
I was completely speechless. I don't get it. I still don't damn get it. Why was he actin so... so.... Kind to me? It was weird. All this time I been yellin, and bein rude at this dude, he still treats me nice. And he's the only guy to ever do so. And... and... I actually... I actually... I actually... liked it. But I can not and I WILL NOT break up with Tyrese.
He was there for me. He's been there for me for almost over 2 years now. And I couldn't let him go.
Even though I appreciated what Xavier said, I still couldn't let his words get the best of me.
Cause Xavier was just a friend, but Ty is more than that.
He may be abusive and all, but I know he can change. I know he will, it may take some time but shit... I'm down for it. And I gotta make it up to Tyrese. I got to. I'll be at his every command. Just to prove to Xavier that Tyrese is the right guy for me.
And those are words I am not takin back.