♥Chapter: 6♥

Throughout the day in school I couldn't help myself but think about Tyrese and how I prayed that things can eventually change. At least if I had a decent boyfriend, who would always be by my side and care about me, I wouldn't have to worry about my crack-addict of a mother, and my lost daddy. Cause I truly didn't have any other family out there for me. No grandparents, and I don't even know my own aunts, uncles, or cousins. It was just... me. But I decided to not let this stupid situation get to me. Tyrese should be the least of my worries, well... for now. Right now school was where I had to focus on.
The bell just rang for the end of 5th period and my the hallway soon flooded with high-school students everywhere. It wasridiculous around here. People would shove into you, people would be talking behind your back, tryin to impress others and just get into silly fights. Well I guess that sums up high-school for you. My high-school isn't that big, it's about average size and it's considered one of the best athletic high-schools around here. I don't consider myself athletic, due to the fact that I'm highly busy with school, work, and Imani and plus I hate sports. It's just not my thing.
I got to my locker after shoving and passing through dozen of students and opened it up after applying my combo. I had lunch next and It was my favorite period because one, I get to eat, two I get some relaxing time and three because Jayda has the same period just like me.
Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around.
"Yo what's up girl!?" Jayda said smiling. Shoot... she was always happy for herself.  But I could never be happy for my damn self either. She was wearing a green sweater, with white bottoms, and jeweled sandals with matching jewelry. Her hair was also up in a bun and she had a ton of make-up on her face. And it wasn't even bad... she looked bad enough to be taken by all the boys in the school. Sometimes I wonder why she even lives in Washington Heights, the most baddest neighborhod closet to this school. She should be living at the rich folks neighborhood which is basically where over a half of this school's population is from. Other than that, the rest of us goes to the heights.
"Hey, nothing much just grabbin my books, getting ready to go to lunch with you." I replied grabbin some books and organizing my locker.
"Yo girl I think that boy is starin at you." Jayda said smiling hard.
"What?" I said confused. What boy would wanna look at me? Not that I ain't sexy or anything, but if anybody, Jayda's the one whos rockin new clothing. Not me. These are mad old. And I haven't bought new clothes in forever. I searched around the crowded hallway to see who she was talkin about and saw that it was a boy who looked highly nerdy and ugly to bother to think he would have a damn chance with me. Plus, Tyrese is still mine... despite the hardships we go through.
"Jayda! You idiot. He's a nerd!"
She started busting out laughing as I slammed my locker shut.
"Oh man, I wish you woulda seen the look on your face!" Jayda said as we walked our way to the lunchroom.
"Yeah but I would love to see the look on your face once I tell you I will punch you."
"You wouldn't do that to me gurl. I know you wouldn't."
"Ha, you know me to well..."
We soon got to the cafeteria and it was full of people as well, but the lunch line didn't have much people. Jayda and I got on line and waited for our turn to order.
"So... how's Darnell?" I asked checking my nails. I needed a damn manicure. Changing Imani's diapers were messin up my nails and I couldn't allow that.
"Oh my God! That reminds me. Look at what he bought me!" Jayda pulled out a brand new camera out from her purse. And it looked fuckin' expensive. Jayda takes photography, so she definitely would be rockin this camera to the fullest.
"Wow... that looks tight." I said examining it.
"And it also cost $300." She said as if it wasn't expensive.
"Wow... cool." I responded sadly. I got jealous. Everything Jayda had, I wanted. Everything I needed, Jayda already had. Why can't Tyrese bother to get me any shit? Wait of course... I would have to do him a 'disgusting' favor in order to get what I want. Which is totally not fair, cause I deserve better.
"It's goin to be our two month anniversary soon gurl... I can't wait. Me and Darnell... we gonna get it on!"
"Eww stop telling me about your sex life. I ain't wanna hear."
"So what about you? Did you break-up with ol' bastard already?"
"No. I figured that I needed him and-"
"CAMILLE! You don't NEED Tyrese... your only stayin with him cause your to afraid to let go."
"What? No way! I ain't afraid to let go! I can let go anytime I want to."
"So why don't you, right now?"
"What? You crazy? I wanna be with Tyrese."
"Oh, so your sayin, you wanna be with a wife-beater, an abuser and a illegal drug seller? Iight I see you. I see you got bad taste in guys my friend."
"HEY! Even though Tyrese is a stupid man, I tried to leave him many times but he don't want me to leave him, and now I don't want to either."
"Girl, you made no damn sense. Can't you see what he's doin to you!? Your letting him ruin your life. Lettin him call you a bitch, and everything..."
"Jay, thanks for your concern but I'ma handle things my way. Okay?"
"Humph, don't be to foolish now."
I rolled my eyes at Jayda who was soon ordering her lunch. I know what Jayda was tryin to tell me was good advice and everythin but I still don't find it in my heart to leave Tyrese. But I know I can change Tyrese. And I will be able to change him for good. I know that.
After Jayda and I got our lunch, we sat at our regular table which is smack in the middle of the crowded cafeteria and started eating our burgers and fries.
"So can you tell me how long you been with the stupid guy you call your boyfriend?" Jayda said.
"Well I knew Tyrese since I was 15 so its been about 2 years."
"This is sad... this is really sad. I should of told you to leave him when you was 15. You would've understand. Now, you think you all grown since your 17."
"Jayda... your being unfair."
"ME? UNFAIR!? Camille, why you letting Tyrese DO THIS TO YOU!? I bet your hiding things frome me that Tyrese did to you and you don't even wanna spit it out."
Jayda was getting on my nerves. How can she be tripping like this? I knew she cared about me, but now she's makin it all my fault. When it's Tyrese's fault.
"Jayda! If you so badly worry about my relationship, why don't you try talking to Tyrese about it? Oh wait... there's no way cause he will hurt YOU and ME."
"Camille... the only way you can really get out of this, is by telling somebody other than me then! Tell the school, tell the police, or sumthin but you can't let him do this to you!"
"Do what!?"
"ABUSE YOU! THAT'S WHAT!"
Soon silence hit the both of us as we nibbled on our food silently for about two minutes.
I hate when Jayda is always right, but now she's pissin me off and I didn't wanna be around her.
I quickly finished my lunch before her and started gathering my things to get out. If Jayda was gonna keep terriozing me on the things Tyrese does, than I don't wanna hear it.
"Where you going?" Jayda said confused.
"Out from here."
"Well wait up for me."
"NO JAYDA."
"Excuse me?"
"Listen... I'm tired of you sayin all this PROBLEMS ABOUT ME AND TY! First of all, it's none of your business okay!?"
"OH, so that's how you wanna treat people now Camille? After I helped YOUR ASS BY GOIN TO HIS HOUSE AND TRYIN TO MAKE HIM BE NICE WITH YOU IS THAT WHAT-"
"YOU DIDN'T HELP ME JAYDA!"
"HOW DID I NOT HELP YOU!?"
"BECAUSE, YOU MADE HIM DO SOMETHING TO ME I NEVER WANTED TO HAPPEN!"
"LIKE WHAT!?"
I soon paused. I couldn't tell Jayda that Tyrese raped me or she would go ballistic. I decided to keep it to myself and leave anyways.
"Like I said... none of your business." I got up  from the table and quickly left the lunch room hoping that Jayda wasn't following me as tears fell down my face.

It became the end of the school day, and I was glad. I hated bein at this school. It was damn overcrowded everywhere I go, and I couldn't take it anymore. Half of me felt bad that I doged Jayda like that, but the other half of me knew that it was the right thing to do. If people kept getting in your grill about all bunch of things talking, wouldn't you get mad too? Cause I for one, can't stand when people is all in your business. Jayda was thoughtful and all, but she sometimes took it overboard. The outside of the school soon became filled with students getting in their cars, in buses, and walking and sitting, talking amongst each other. Sometimes I wish I had more than one friend here at this school and not be by myself. I've been waitin about 5 minutes for Tyrese to show up with my baby and he still isn't here. He had better have a good excuse or I'm not letting him see Imani ever again.
As I sat outside the noisy school, I saw the football team by the track getting ready for practice. I always had a thing for jocks. I always saw them as being super defensive and strong. I would imagine myself with a big strong and sexy football player. They just seem to get my sprung all the time. Tyrese used to play football when he was in high school but stopped once he moved outta his parent's house and pursue to become a gangsta. A stupid gangsta. Sometimes I wish I can just go back in time and change my whole life around. Just once, so I can stop myself from bein with Tyrese in the first place, so I would've never become pregnant and just try to act like a normal teenager. But don't get me wrong, I love Imani with all my heart, but if I had a chance to go back in time and have Imani at a time that's more appropriate, I would've done so in less than a minute.
It soon became 10 minutes since school been over and still his ass didn't even arrive yet. How could he be so late!? I started to get worried. I wondered if Imani was alright, I wondered if nobody was hurt, and I wondered if Tyrese wasn't doin anything stupid with our daughter.
I reached out my cell from my bag and saw two text messages. I quickly read em and... my phone was goin to turn off if I don't pay it by Friday. I don't know how I was goin to do that but I decided to not waste any more minutes on it and wait a few extra minutes for Tyrese to arrive.
"ALRIGHT! RUN THE TRACK FOR 5 MINUTES THAN GET BACK TO YOUR SPOT FOR DRILLING!" I heard the football coach yell. And was he so loud. I watched the football players run around the track in their uniforms and they couldn't look anymore pumped and attractive than ever. If I never knew Tyrese, I definitely would hook up with a football player.
Suddenly as I was watching them run around, one of the football players stopped running and spotted me. What the? What did he want from me!? Not that I didn't mind one of them talking to me, but this was a first.
"Yo Camille! Camille!" I heard him yell.
Whoa! How did he know my name!?
"WHAT!?" I yelled back. This must not be happening. What did a football player want with me now? What is wrong with him?
"Yo Camille!" He yelled, now running towards me.
This outta be interesting cause I have no clue what he wants from me.
He soon arrived with his helmet on so I couldn't really see who was under it.
"Wassup Camille?" He said.
"Umm... who are you?"
He laughed and took his helmet off.
And oh... my... God! It was Xavier! The imbecile I was tutoring last week. He was a football player!? I wouldn't even have suspected that.
"Xavier!?"
"Haha, yeah its me girl. Wassup with you ma?" He said taking a seat next to me on the school steps.
"Um... none of your business you kidnapper." I said moving myself further from him.
"Yo... when are you gonna drop that shit? Cause that ain't nice."
"That ain't nice!? That ain't nice!? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STEPPED UP TO MY DAUGHTER AND-"
"Chill! Chill!! You got a little attitude on your fine self. Relax."
"Is this the main reason your dumbass came over to me!?"
"Well my dumbass needs you to help me with tutoring again."
"What makes you think I'ma teach your retarded behind again?"
"Because... I need you to help me. Coach says if I ain't got a C+ in history soon, I'ma be off the team. I can't let that happen to me."
"Well tough luck cause I ain't doin that for you."
"Aww c'mon Camille. I'll pay. Plus you owe me for runnin off."
"I ran off cause I had BUSINESS TO TAKE CARE OF!"
"Like what business?"
"Nunya."
"Nunya what?"
"Nun of ya business that's what!"
He soon laughed. "Man... I can see you need some attitude check up."
"Yeah whatever. Can you go now?"
"Can I ask you a question?"
"What!?"
"Your really angry and sad all the time. Everytime I see you come to my building you cry and get fed up. What's the reason-"
"ARE YOU STALKING ME!?"
"Yo chill shawty. I wasn't sayin something like that I was just sayin that-"
"LISTEN HERE... if I agree to tutor you for ONE hour... well you go leave me alone now?"
"Iight fine. Deal."
"And it's $60 this time!"
"$60 for one hour of tutoring?"
"You want me to make it 30 minutes?"
"Nahh I just-"
"Want me to make it $70!?"
"Iight, iight. You win, you win. One hour for $60 it is."
"Fine. 8:00pm at your place tomorrow night."
"Thanks Camille. You don't know how much this means to me."
"DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO LEAVE!?"
"Well u ain't gotta be so stingy about it. Just relax."
"Cause your making me angry when I told you to get outta my face!" This boy was getting my very last nerve. He first try to steal my baby away from me, then he askin me all these silly questions, then he be pressuring me to make him tutor him. What next!?
"Well, thanks for tutorin me again. I appreciate it."
"Don't you have a football drill to go to?"
"Well... coach doesn't know I'm here so I wanted to chill wit you for a bit. You seem lonely."
"I'm not lonely!"
"So where yo friends at?"
"She's... busy." I lied. Jayda was probably hangin wit some otha people, but I couldn't stand to see her big mouth in front of me at the moment. She was getting on my nerves too.
"Okay... so what you sittin here fo? You ain't goin home?"
"I am... I'm waitin for somebody."
"Like who?"
"My boyfriend..."
"Your boyfriend huh? Well it seems like he's keeping yo fine self out here to long."
"Will you stop flirting with m!? I don't want you!" I yelled. As much as this boy is a pain in the ass... he is kinda good lookin, and he even looks betta in his football jersey but still... I aint interested in him cause I got Tyrese. The annoying Tyrese. Where is he!?
"Hahaha, I'm just playin shorty. Don't take it personal. But he really should've came already. Don't you think?"
Suddenly a car blastin an old school 2Pac song, came pullin up to the front entrance of the school and I knew who that automatically was... Tyrese.
"Well he's here right now." I said quickly getting up and gathering my stuff together.
"That's his ride!?" Xavier said.
"Yes, now I gotta-" Soon all my books fell down on the floor. Ugh... just my luck.
"Shit!" I said tryin to put all my papers back in my folder.
"Lemme help you." Xavier said helping me.
"No, really. U don't got to"
"Nahh it's iight. I want to"
"Listen you really aint got to!"
"But I insist!"
"BUT I SAID-"
Unexpectedly, Tyrese came out of his Navigator and slammed his car door walkin over to me with anger and madness in his eyes.
"CAMILLE! YO, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MAN DOIN NEXT TO YOU!?" He yelled.
"TYRESE CALM DOWN! DAMN."
"I CAME ALL THE WAY FROM WORK TO PICK YOUR ASS UP, SO DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN YOU BITCH!"
"HEY DON'T CALL HER A BITCH!" Xavier yelled.
Oh no, oh no, oh no! Why he had to do that! Now he was goin to get his big mouth beaten up.
"WHAT THE FUCK YOU SAY?" Tyrese said getting face to face with Xavier.
"TYRESE STOP IT! STOP IT!"
Attraction soon started forming and I had to stop this shit now.
"YOU DEFENDING THIS MAN!?" Tyrese yelled.
"YO WHY YOU GOTTA ACT LIKE THAT TOWARDS HER!?" Xavier yelled back.
"I DARE YOU TO YELL AT ME, I'LL GET MY GANG AND WILL SHOOT YOUR ASS!"
"GUYS STOP IT! STOP IT!"
"NOT UNTIL I BEAT YOU UP AND SHOW YOU HOW A REAL MAN TREATS HIS DAMN LADY!" Xavier said.
"YOU GUYS STOP IT!" I said getting angry.
"SHE AIN'T NO LADY! SHE'S A BITCH!"
I soon even got angrier. How the fuck can Tyrese say that about me!?
"YOU'RE A BITCH!" Xavier said punching Tyrese in the face.
Right then and there Tyrese swinged back a punch into Xavier's face and a fight formed between them two as people talked and yelled throughout the riot. I had to stop this, and I had to stop it NOW.
"GUYS YOUR ACTIN IMMATURE! STOP IT! STOP IT!" I yelled as they punched, shoved and pulled against each other.
Suddenly the coach came whistling his whistle loudly and getting two security guards  to take a hold of them.
"WHAT IS GOIN ON HERE!?" He yelled.
"LET GO OF ME MAN!" Tyrese yelled snatchin his body off from the security guard, walkin towards the car.
"I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE, AND NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!" I yelled towards Xavier.
"Listen I couldn't let him say some shit like that to you!"
"WELL LAY OFF. YOU AIN'T GOT NO RIGHT TO DEAL WITH MY PROBLEMS! LEAVE ME ALONE AND GO DO YOU! THIS TUTORING IS OVER!"