CHAPTER 6

We got home. I carried Kris inside (with him grinning every time I had to pass a door, of course). I put him on a chair in the kitchen (which was also our dining room).

"Wait a minute!"

I didn't had the time to listen to his answer. I ran to the garage. It was a real mess. My mother gave up tidying it; every time she would do it, 3 days after my father would have untidy everything. It was a bit complicated to go where I wanted to, but after climbing and jumping on diverse objects, I could reach the high point. I stood on my tiptoe and grabbed it with the tip of my hand.

I came back to the kitchen with a big smile.

"How do you happen to have a wheelchair in your house?" Kris asked with a concerned look.

"I may or may have not broken a lot of my bones," I chuckled. "Anyway, this is gonna be easier for you, at least the time your scar is fully healed."

"Thank you" he smiled sincerely. He put his phone on the table, sighing. Well, Bojan's phone.

"Do you still have your previous phone?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"Yes, but it is unusable."

"Can I see it ?"

He handed me his phone. The screen was totally destroyed, and even the back had suffered. I uncapped it to see the inside.

"I think I can save what's on the storage." I got up and went in my father's bureau, which I had now stolen, and took a few tools and a laptop. Kris leaned over my shoulder to watch my movement, as I connected his phone to my laptop.

I had my sister's previous phone (she likes to buy one every few years, even if I say that's not ecologic). As she's not using it anymore, well, I'm gonna delete everything and put Kris's things in it. It was done in 20 minutes, during which we discussed joyfully over a cup of coffee.

"Done!" I joyfully exclaimed, handing him his new phone.

"Really?"

"What, yes really!" I giggled at his face. His smile grew bigger, he was sparkling joy.

"Thanks!!" He took me in a hug. I didn't know it meant this much for him! And uh, I don't know how to respond to hugs, so I just patted his back.

We continued to chat, while setting his password, when somebody entered the kitchen. We both turned our heads to see a sleepy Nace walking in.

"Dober dan" he said in his morning voice.

I blinked, and slowly turned my head to Kris. He chuckled seeing my face.

"He just said good morning" He translated. I nodded, saving that in my memory. I could use it in the future.

"Ah sorry, I forgot you spoke English," he excused himself. I gave him a smile. It really must not be easy to land in a country with people not speaking your language, even if your fluent in another.

"There's baguettes and pains au chocolat if you want!" I pointed at the paper bags on the table.

"I'm sorry, I'm gluten free, I cannot eat these." He said with a sorry face.

"No prob! My sister is gluten free too." I opened a big cupboard, filled with every kind of gluten free food. "This is her secret place, but you can use it too!"

He laughed and took some things to eat and sat with us. He and Kris chatted a bit, explaining each other what happened during the time they were separated.

We were still chatting, when I heard the door slam, and a few second later something was on my back, dragging me.

"MIA STOP" I shouted. Her hug was nearly strangling me. The boys giggled.