CHAPTER 15

Katrina's Point of View

I woke up. I was starving for some coffee. I was pretty early in the morning, so I didn't expect anyone to be awake.

That's why I was kinda surprised to find Bojan sitting at the table.

"You're already awake?" I spoke, giving him a jump. I thought he has seen me, but apparently he was lost in his thoughts. "Sorry," I went for the coffee machine.

"I had inspiration for some lyrics," he said, making his pen turning through his fingers.

"Ah I you too," I giggled. "I woke up because of a stupid idea for a song."

"Why would it be stupid?" He asked.

"Cause it would need a whole orchestra plus the band to play it." I chuckled. "I'll do the orchestra part myself anyway." Bojan giggled, nodding. Drinking cup after cup, we both work on our new songs. I was fighting with my laptop to get the note right on the app. Writing an orchestral sheet music is too complicated...

I ended up with a first draft that seemed correct. I'll need to submit to the band anyway, but I think they'll like it. It's cool cause even if it has an orchestral back up, it's really a rock song, and I think it can convey power.

Mid-morning, we decided that the studio was a better place to work on our respective songs. I shaped the song with my violin, it really needed a main line to define the rest of the song. My band came not long after, when I told them I had a good idea.

"It would be perfect for the album," said Mia. "It fits the theme perfectly," she spoke quietly, a pen in her hand, doing small modification so it's easier to sing.

"Glad you like it. For now, it lacks of bass, but I'm sure you'll find a great line," I turned to Artem, who nodded with a smile. "And Ezio, please help me with the guitar line, I'm very bad at finding the right chords."

"Let's do this!" the Italian said with a joyful tone. He grabbed his guitar, while Artem toned his bass. Mia sat at her singer sit, in front of the mic.

We all put our headphones on, everybody at their place. Bojan was filming our 'behind the scenes' with a big grin. Usually, he would be on the other side of the camera.

The instrumental part was already a banger. Now with Mia's voice, it will be a hundred thousand dollars sound, as our Slovenian singer would say!

We were joined by the rest of Joker Out. That made a lot of people in the studio, but it was even funnier!

"Come on, we can do a Frankenstein drum!" Said Jure. I laughed and nodded. We assembled the acoustic drum set with the electric one, creating a circle of drum.

"We're invincible now, prepare to suffer!" I love using my demoniac voice. Jure started beating the rhythm, and I followed, adding more power.

Jan grabbed a guitar that was hung on the wall and plugged it into the amp. He handed Kris another, so he could join. And Artem made a sign at Nace. Everybody was equipped.

As if we were telepaths, we all agreed on a song. And I knew with Bojan and Mia on the vocals, it's gonna be fire.

Zitti e Buoni by Maneskin is always a great choice, but I didn't think it was that cool. Playing together is absolutely amazing and I will gladly do it again!

We shared a lot of things this day. We even made them listen to the firsts track we recorded, and I was quite happy of their reactions. They gave us advices and tips that usually musicians don't share. It was really cool to receive so much from a band with an already extraordinary background.

I felt really lucky to count them in my friends.

Cosmotic_official

Cosmotic_official   We had an amazing time with you guys!

Cosmotic_official We had an amazing time with you guys!

View all comments

Joker_out_official We too!

Europegirl They must do a collab asap!

Annoyingparisian The drum girl seems like a pick me

              Katrina_Blum So do you

pandaMia