CHAPTER 25

"Hi Mark, yes, I'm at the airport." I nodded, though it was not a facetime. "Yes, I'll fly in half an hour, if everything goes as planed. How are the boys? Okay, I'll send them an encouraging message before their sound check. 3p.m., that's right? Okay, perfect. See you soon!" I ended the call, with a big grin on my face.

I went to the ID check. It was always a bit complicated with all my passports, guards would always ask to check mines and they would ask me sooo many questions. As if I look like a terrorist seriously...

I finally got in the plane. It was a short fly, only 1:40 hour. I haven't even enough time to watch the Lord of the Rings... Guess I'll just work on the gibberish lyrics I wrote last night.

I quickly recognized the landscape of Slovenia. And I'm still in love. A smile appeared on my face.

Me

I'll land in a couple of minutes

Mark

Great

We're waiting

We?

You're not the only surprise!

I giggled at my screen. I'm sure the man next to me must think I'm crazy. Thinking that, I laughed even more. Gosh, I really need to stop.

As soon as we could, I got out, taking my backpack and my violin case in hands. I was the first to come down. I walked to the tarmac, searching for Mark. After turning 3 time on myself like an idiot, someone taped me on the shoulder.

"Kat'!"

"Ah finally Mark!" I shrugged, for a moment I thought he was gone somewhere else. "Nice to see you again!"

"Me too girl," he took me in a quick hug. "Come on, this way." He pushed me through the crowd, until a spot where there was nearly nobody, but just a tall man looking down at his phone. He looked up when Mark approached. "Katrina, meet Martin, Martin, Katrina," he said quickly.

"So here' the infamous Martin," I said in a smile, stretching my hand. He shook it vividly.

"I could say the same about you," he grinned.

"Come on children, we do not have a lot of time!"

"Yes dad!" Martin and I said at the same time. We stopped and looked at each other, before laughing hysterically. I think we clicked.

We went to the car, talking together. We both sat behind Mark, who was driving. We knew that he preferred being alone when he was driving.

"So, if I kept up well, you're Kris's girlfriend," Martin said, looking up like he was remembering something.

"That's right," I smiled.

"And your sister is Jure's girlfriend."

"Yup," I nodded. "And you were studying in Slovakia?"

"It's my last year, actually. After, I come back to the motherland," he smiled. I guess he was excited to be home again. "What happened to your hand, if you don't mind asking?" he asked. My scars were really white compared to my skin. And with summer light, I have tanned (not very much in fact, but let me hope please), so it was really visible.

"Oh," I sighed, remembering the incident. "You've maybe heard of the riots in France?" he nodded, understanding quickly. "It is healing fast, hopefully. I can still play violin, so everything is fine." I smiled. Really, it doesn't hurt anymore, fortunately. "But tell me, is there anything you know about the boys that I don't?"

He grinned, looking at me. Oooh God, I think this gossiping session will be interesting.

***

Martin and I were waiting in a room, next to the boys's one. We giggled, hearing them through the walls. We heard the infamous "SSF" (Kris still haven't explain me what it meant, and I doubt he'll ever). No more sound. After a minute, Martin passed his head through the door opening, looking left then right.