CHAPTER 11

The gentle morning light passed through the curtain, and came to my eyes. I frowned; for once, I slept really well. That's rare enough to notice it. But now that light came, I could not hope to sleep again. With a sigh, I slowly opened my eyes. I heard a giggle. I frowned once more.

"What makes you laugh?" My morning voice was hoarse. He giggled again.

"You of course," he said softly, stroking my hair.

"Since when I'm funny?"

"I find you funny." He paused. "You looked really peaceful."

"It was years ago that I slept that well." I buried my head into his chest. "So thanks."

He grinned, his hand lying on my head. "You're welcome draga."

***

I woke up with a start an hour later. Kris blinked, not understanding why I got up so fast, though it was really nice being in his arms.

"I forgot my sister." I said quickly.

"You what? How can you even forget your sister?"

"Why would I think of my sister when I'm in your arms? But anyway, I just have to pick her up at the train station. I'll be right back."

After changing quickly, I got to the train station. It was really not far from the house, but since my... accident I'm always careful with my sister. Only to forget today...

I went on the platform. I was searching for her. Even if it was a small train station, there always was a lot of people there. Even more on Saturdays. I didn't saw anything, until someone jumped on me.

"Katrinaaaa I waited for an hour!!"

"I'm sorry Amaliaaaaa!" I took her in a tight hug. "Are you okay?"

"There's a creep following me, but yes I'm okay!" She pointed behind him. I saw a weird guys, in his forty I would say, walking in circles, always looking at us. Fortunately, as I had to dress really fast, I took the first outfit in my wardrobe, and it was an all-black, metalhead outfit. Kind of things that says to creepy guys "not come too close, if you'd like to keep your balls". I liked the effect.

A hand in her back, I lead my sister to the car. I put her luggage in the boot, while she sits next to me.

"Finally holidays! I'm so happy! Calm, sleep, how wonderful! No more border school!" She nearly yelled in the car. I chuckled.

"Yeah, about that..." She turned her head to me. "Well, there's quite many people at the house actually."

"What?"

"Well, at the beginning of the week, there's some guys who's car crashed in front of the house, so I saved them -you can call me a hero- and as they had no place to stay I invited them to stay at home. They're really nice, you'll see. One of them even speaks Dutch. Oh, and for now there's Mia and Luna too. You know why."

"Yes. Okay. So you're telling me that you invited total strangers to stay in the same house as you?"

"Well, yes!" I exclaimed. "But I think you know them. They're a really famous band in Slovenia, they have a lot of success this past few months...-"

"Wait... are they JOKER OUT?!?" As you can see, my sister like screaming.

"Yes they are."

"I thought you were joking. You mean, really, the band that participated to Eurovision is living in our house?"

"Please, act natural around them. Do not do your fangirl, or it's gonna be really annoying. Please."

"Yes, I understand that you don't want me to embarrass you in front of your new friends... Or even more?"