62

• AMALIA •

I end up falling asleep half an hour after the movie starts, woken by the sound of banging.

I startle awake, sitting up. Archers arms unwrap from around me and I'm suddenly cold. He sits up, looking around at Mia, who furrows her eyebrows and stands. Ezra stands with her and they walk out of the room.

     I stand, too. Archer copies, and I glance over to see both Ollie and Edie fast asleep, her head tucked under his chin. I smile faintly before walking out of the room, my hand entangling with Archers.

     I frown when I hear the sound of an argument. We reach the bottom of the stairs, then round the hallway to see Gracie standing at the door, a few of her friends behind her. She's shouting at Mia.

     She turns abruptly to me. "And you. Where the fuck have you been? Do you realise how hard it's been the past few weeks?"

Archer holds onto my hand tighter and steps in front of me a bit.

"Are you that self centred that you can't check up on your friends? And you don't even invite me to your sad little friend date?" Gracie shouts.

     "What's your problem, Gracie?" Mia asks. "Don't expect anybody to revolve their life around you, especially when you're such a judgemental bitch!"

     My eyebrows raise in surprise.

     "Please, Mia. You're just mad I tell you the truth. I'm the only person who will." She says.

"You don't tell anyone the truth, you be mean to everyone. There's a difference, idiot." Mia replies.

I laugh. Gracie snaps her head toward me, then turns around to look at the people behind her. "Come on guys, let's join their party."

My eyes widen as people begin to flood into the house. Mia's brows furrow. "Gracie!" She screams, but Gracie is already heading further into the house.

• ARCHER •

It turns into a party incredibly quickly. Somehow, I'm split up from Amalia and only manage to find her fifteen minutes later, in the living room. She's arguing with a boy I've only seen a few times, around school.

I walk over to them quickly.

"Amalia." I say. "Whats going on?" I ask, holding onto her hand.

"This your girl?" The guy questions. I narrow my eyes at him. "She's fucking psycho."

"Excuse me?"

Amalia rolls her eyes. "Let's just go."

"Yeah, go find someone else to beg for drugs." He mumbles, lighting his cigarette.

"I didn't beg you for anything, you little twat." Amalia says, her words a little slurred.

He lets out a small laugh. "Maybe I'll give you some if you suck me off."

She lets out a small gasp as my fists clench at my sides. I'm about to punch him across the face when Amalia's palm strikes his cheek. "Fuck you!"

He snaps his head back up, standing. "You're not even that pretty, anyway."

"We both know that's a lie." She replies.

Amalia grabs my hand and pulls me away, almost stumbling. My eyebrows knit together as I follow her.

When we get into the quieter hallway, I gently pull her back so she's standing in front of me.

"You were asking him for drugs?"