31- Ultron 2

"Worthy. No how could anyone but her be worthy?" A poorly put together robot limped into view. Everyone stood on alert. While Tony continued to struggle with his technology to no avail. "You're all killers. I'm sorry I was asleep, or maybe I was a dream. There was this terrible noise, and I was tangled in..." the thing struggled, "strings. Had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve questioned it as he pulled me behind him and everyone else.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked calmly

The thing played a recording or Tony's voice, "I see a suit of armor around the world." Realization dawned on me and my gaze landed on Tony. He met my gaze clearly not knowing what was going on.

"Ultron." I met Bruce's gaze at his agreed realization.

"In the flesh." No, they were supposed to just be running tests. "Or no not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." Thor slowly moved closer to me. And my soulmates all tensed further clearly gearing for a fight. "Peace in our time."

Before I could even blink more robot's burst through the walls attacking us. Everything happened so quickly after that. Thor took the hammer from me and next thing I knew I was behind the bar with Natasha and Bruce. "Don't turn green, and watch her." Natasha spoke quickly then she was up and shooting at the robots.

"Ava," Bruce get my attention and pulled me close.

"I thought you were just running test?!"

"We were I promise. I don't know what happened."

There was clashing and the sound of breaking glass all around us until it all suddenly stopped. "That was dramatic." Ultron spoke again, "I'm sorry I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, your soulmate. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?"

I peeked my head up and saw him palm the head of a dead robot. "With these puppets. There's only one path to peace. Soulmates extinction."

Thor threw his hammer straight through Ultron to shut him up, but he said one last thing before the power left the poorly put together robot. "I had strings but now I'm free" it was creepy but he was gone for now.

Everyone took a deep breath and Bruce and I finally stood up. Bruce hugged me and I knew he could feel me shaking. Nat hugged me as well then everyone, except Thor,convened in the lab taking Ultron's machined body with us. Bruce and Tony quickly assessed the area and their computers.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve scoffed under his breath keeping his arm around my waist.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

"He's in your files in the internet. What if he decides to access something more exciting?" Sam questioned, "nuclear codes, we need to make some calls assuming we still can."

"Nukes? he said he wanted soulmates gone." Natasha pointed out

"He didn't say dead he said extinct." Steve's hand tightened on me. "How would he be able to do that?"

"He also said he killed someone." Clint mentioned from his position on the stairs.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building."

"Yes there was." Tony brought up the program that used to be Jarvis. It was destroyed pixels of orange unmoving, dead. So unlike what the program looked like hours before.