Chapter 24

You saw Fire's lips move, but you didn't understand a word he said. His grin grew bigger as you slid further backward. Your heart was pounding and your hands were sweaty.

Why you didn't just grant yourself against the panic, you couldn't explain. It was as if you had lost control of your body and could just watch what was going on.

You didn't want to admit it that is happening right now, but when you felt the cold wall at your back, you realised it. Panic-stricken and helpless, you pulled your legs to your torso and wrapped your arms around them. You hid your head between your legs, while you squeezed your eyes closer together.

*Fires's pov*
All the time you were awake, but you just couldn't get your eyes open. No matter what you tried. You heard all the conversations, but couldn't open your mouth to answer or say anything. It was as if you were trapped in your own body and couldn't do anything.

You heard Air come into your room at some point. So much you wanted to jump up and fall into her arms. Or congratulate her on how well she defended hell, or thank her for staying with you, even when she had to go, until someone else could help you.

From the sounds you could guess that she stood there for a while and looked at you before sitting down next to you on the edge of the bed. A short time later, you felt her cold hand on yours and how she intertwined it with yours.

A strange energy surged through your body as she directed the wind in you to her over your holding hands. Immediately you could tear open your eyes, as you had been trying to do for a long time, when the wind was gone, which kept you from doing it.

Immediately you were fit as if you had only closed your eyes when you saw Air fall off the bed in the corner of your eye. Without thinking you got up and went to check on her when she suddenly started screaming. Panic-stricken, she began to crawl away from you as you yourself became afraid of what was happening.

"Hey Air... it's me... Fire." you tried to say carefully, but she didn't seem to understand a single word you were saying.

It was only when she was sitting against the wall crying that it occurred to you how stupid you actually were. You were probably the trigger, when she just assumed that you were lying there unconscious and suddenly wanted to help her. And then the strange wind.

You knelt in front of her, when you saw how her whole body was shaking, that the bad conscience ran over you like a train.

Carefully you took her head in your hand and tried to turn it towards you, where you ended up having to use a bit of force as she was still tense with fright. "Hey Air. Everything is going to be fine. Nothing's going to happen to you." you kept saying as her panicked eyes looked at you, where tears kept coming out when she gave no sign that she knew you were Fire.

You gently stroked her cheek while trying to calm her down with a relaxed voice. In your head you imagined how you will calm her down when she suddenly stopped crying and her muscles relaxed when the real Air was back. "Fire?" she asked in a choppy voice, very softly. "Yes Air. It's me." happy with a tear in your eye you were glad you could calm her down.

"What happened to you?" she asked you, of which you were confused. You weren't sick anymore, maybe she thinks you look fine now. "What do you mean?" you asked her simply.

"Your eyes." She tried to say as her voice gave out in the middle of the word. You pulled your eyebrows together as you stood up and looked in the mirror. When you saw yourself, you immediately recoiled.

Your eyes. They were different. Just like Air said they were. They were not only green, but half blue, like Air's eyes.

You immediately realized what happens when someone has two colored eyes. Pale, you turned to Air, who was still sitting on the floor, but more relaxed as she stretched out her legs.

"I'm a chosen one." you said with your eyes fixed on the floor, as now your voice was shaking too, slowly realising what you said. "But when is something special supposed to have happened? Wait a minute... the bite mark... our wedding oh no..." Air quickly stood on her feet as she faced you.

"Are you mad?" Air grabbed your hands as you looked her in the eye. "Why?" You were probably so deep in thought that Air thought you didn't like it at all. "Because I probably made you a chosen one? And you maybe didn't want to be one." she got a little quieter and smaller, like she had to get over herself to say that. Like she didn't dare because she assumed she fucked up.

"Absolutely not! Do you know how cool that is! Besides how would you know that you seem to be turning me. You should have given me the bite mark anyway. Now I have another thing from you to wear around proudly. 'Fire Ghoul and Ice Ghoul break the impossible. First Love. But this is not enough anymore, now they are our new protectors from hell'. What an awesome newspaper article! You have to show me everything. Ahh I just can't believe it. You made me a chosen one. A fucking chosen one. Don't you dare bite anyone else!"

Air blushed under her mask as a huge smile appeared underneath. You just took her in your arms and hugged her tightly. Air then wrapped her arms around you a little later as well, while you just stood there.

Maybe it was you that made the wood fly through the living room. It will probably take you a long time to get this power under control and it will take you a long time to get as well trained and strong as Air.

It's just so crazy. You once hated this woman to death, and wanted her to leave quickly, and lately she turned your head and world so much that you just can't get enough of her.