Chapter 47

You looked deep into each other's eyes as Air's eyes glazed over. You could hardly see it because the room was darkened, but you would always recognize it. "Don't cry. You know I don't like it when you cry." you said softly, as you were really close to Air's head. She smirked as the tear that was clinging to her eyelash fell onto the bed.

"I won't. But you're finally with me." she said weakly as she gripped your hand tighter and closed her eyes. The second she closed her eyes, she fell asleep and you could already hear her purring softly.

You also realized how tired you were and you could hardly keep your eyes open. You briefly wanted to lay your head down and take a short break before going up to your room and taking a nap yourself. But when you laid your head down next to your hands, the mattress suddenly became so comfortable and your eyes just closed. And then you were fast asleep with Air in your hand.

*Sunshine's pov
Your heart melted with emotion as you saw Fire and Aice looking at each other. Fire grabbed a chair as soon as you walked in and pulled it up to Aice's bed as he sat down next to her. He didn't pay any more attention to us as he only had Aice on his mind. They hold their hands quickly when you could see a few tears in Aice's eyes.

"Don't cry. You know I don't like it when you cry." Fire whispered as you couldn't hold back your tears anymore and a tear ran down your cheek. Aice also made this sweet action emotional.

"I won't. But you're finally with me." you could faintly hear Aice as she closed her eyes in relief and started purring right then. As if she had been waiting for Fire so she could sleep in peace.

It was so heartbreaking to see the two of them and how much they needed each other that even Aether got emotional again. He stood next to you at one point and put his arm around your back as you looked at them together and were happy for them.

You were quite relieved that this haunting was over for now. Your fingertips were already tingling, knowing that things were about to get better again very soon.

Fire had carefully laid his head on the mattress next to their hands when he suddenly started purring too. They both fell asleep in seconds. Nothing could be heard in the room except Fire and Aice purring and breathing peacefully. You were really happy that Fire had finally fallen asleep and was resting.

Suddenly, someone tapped you from behind, startling you for a moment. Aether and you turned around and looked Terzo in the face. With his hands, he symbolized that he thought it would be better if we left the two of them alone and left the room. And so you did. You quietly tried to leave the room and only when the door was closed did you take a deep, loud breath.

"Someone should say that this isn't love." said Aether, you could still hear the compassion in his voice and he was totally emotionally distressed. "I assumed that Aice wouldn't fall asleep until Fire was there. I didn't think Fire would fall asleep now too. I hope the two of them can recharge and recover a little." Terzo sat back down on the chair opposite the room where he had been sitting when you arrived. He himself looked totally exhausted and looked as if he wanted to sleep.

You stood in a circle in silence for a moment as the door to the infirmary opened quickly. Your eyes went straight there as Cumulus and Cirrus came in looking for something. They looked frantic and surprised as your heartbeat automatically doubled. What happened now?

"What's going on my Ghoulettes?" Terzo was standing next to you again and was just as excited as you were. He took a few steps towards your friends that you also caught up the few steps. "We've finally found you. Have you heard the news yet?" Cirrus asked frantically. "No? What happened?" Terzo asked as you realized it had something to do with Fire and Aice. "Hell's going crazy right now. A Hellhound was found in HellCity last night. No one knows where it came from. Everyone says it's another Chosen One." Cumulus was talking so fast it was hard to understand.

Until now, all you knew was that Fire came home this morning with an injured Aice in his arms and she was poisoned. Both were covered in blood. But how it even happened was still a mystery to you. But apparently it didn't happen in the forest but in HellCity.

"Now slow down. You've probably only just told me a little bit of what you know. Tell me the whole story, the way it's in the news." Terzo brought calm between all the stress.

"The news reported an incident last night. Loud female screaming was heard and shortly after loud stomping. Witnesses reported seeing a hellhound. Pictures were also shown, but the quality is not so good that one is really sure whether it was a hellhound or not. Many people think that it is Aice, but other witnesses said that they found Aice injured on the ground. Unfortunately, they couldn't get any closer because the creature had already run away. Two male figures were found in the bushes with two knives full of Anktio herbs," Cumulus said calmly, while your heart stopped in many places.

"I don't think it's another Chosen One. Fire must have transformed the first time and protected and even saved Aice. But why didn't Fire come here with Aice in the first place?" pondering, Terzo looked at the ground as he tried to answer the question for himself. "Why? Aice was really hurt and that was Fire?" Cumulus asked, confused. "It must be the two of them. They were out late yesterday and I think Copia got really worried at one point." you answered her question, since no one did.

"Did Aice hurt herself a lot?" she asked afterward, sensing something was wrong. They're missing the whole story you know. All you know right now is what seems to be based on conjecture.