2. A New Start

It was a placid Monday morning.

Every morning is serene until you get out of bed. I woke up to the 5th alarm. Unfortunately, I was late to school. Being late didn't matter much if my mother were to be sweet like she was in front of my relatives. Within fifteen minutes, I brushed my teeth, flushed, showered and somehow wore my school dress on time to be welcomed by my school bus.

Did I mention that my mother was constantly ranting behind, handing me my essentials one by one. After touching her feet and planting a kiss on her cheek, which was my daily routine, I rushed to board the bus. This was not a good start to a Monday especially.

I reached school on time. I felt uneasy like I usually did when I woke up late. So I was officially starting my 9th grade today. I couldn't believe I had successfully managed to top my class for the last 14 years. I had always been an above-average student but I sucked at literally everything else. I was clumsy and sports was not my cup of tea. I couldn't ride a bicycle and running errands took me the entirety of the day. Yet I was the youngest child among all of my cousins and my very own biological brother. I sometimes doubt whether I am adopted or he is. His stark resemblance to my dead father was something that made me believe that I had been switched in the hospital by the nurse. I was busy contemplating these weird thoughts over the existence of my life when the bell rang. 

Ok. "The hustle really begins and I am ready to face this harsh year no matter how tough it is." I thought to myself without paying attention to the fact that it may come true one day.

The day passed in orientation by our class teacher. I sat on the 5th bench of the 5th column. (which non-maths people call rows.) I realised that many of my friends were there in my class plus some irritating insects I was unbothered by. I was made the monitor of the class and by now many people will conclude: "You got the best life man. This is 'NOT SO CLICHÉ' " Wait until you reach the end of this story, I mean the entire story.

Things were going pretty normal when an 8th grader entered the class. Yes, she was the girl: the first love of my life. But surprisingly I felt nothing then. Nope. I had known her since she was in 2nd grade. Her sister was my brother's classmate and an acquaintance. She was beautiful and well-mannered. She was good and obviously my type of girl. By then, I didn't know I had my type. I had never fallen in love except with Scarlet Witch from Avengers.(😅)She was a real beet-ch - the boss one. 

Coming back to my class, this girl was standing there and I was unbothered by it. I felt no butterflies in my stomach but the rumbling due to hunger. It took me a week of relentless following, talking and stalking to fall in love with her. I don't know but I guess love is natural right? But I forced it out. And you will be utterly displeased to know why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we are here. Yay! It was on 3rd September 2023 that I wrote a story after a long time. I promise to be consistent. ( It is the least I can say.)

Please show some love and share it. 😀😅

Amarsahara. (I know the bg colour is horrible.😅😂)

😅😂)