24. I See No Future.

Love at first sight is something absurd.

Enemies at first sight are something really absurd.

And both of them happened to me today. I fell in love with Mr. Avichal. And Mihir became good friends with Keshav.

It was just the previous day when they were ready to blast each other's heads off. And today Keshav was taking him around the school. They had become such good friends that both had started sitting, roaming, eating and joking together. In no matter of time, they may announce their engagement. I was observing them with an open mouth and eating my tiffin.

I went for my debate practice in the library. And to my utter disgust, I saw Somya di and Deepshikha at one table and both the monkeys-with-non-existent-tails at another. I could have digested this but I saw them indulged in a serious Accounts session. Did I tell you that Mihir was a commerce student?

One, two, three periods were over. But the two love birds did not leave their place. I was sitting with the girls at their table and we three spoke in hushing voices, too stunned to believe any of this. And then I knew what to do. I got up, went to the bookshelf, and pulled out the Physics book.

"Mihir."

"Yes." Both replied in unison. The friendship vanished and they eyed each other.

"I guess it's his Mihir. His Keshav. See the physics book." Keshav spoke without any tone of asperity. And to my surprise, Mihir spoke, "Yep. Bro. I see that."

Where did that enmity go? What on earth happened that they became so good friends?

Keshav explained to me the topic I was stuck in. While I saw Mihir constantly eyeing me. He saw me and then looked away when I saw him. I saw something in his eyes but that better not be love.

The day was coming to an end when Mihir grabbed my hand and took me away from Keshav and my friends. Mihir was taking me to the first floor. Then the second. We turned right. And now we were in the Examination Hall of our school. The place without any camera surveillance.

"Mihir bhaiya. Why are we here?" In my mind. I was like Daddy. Do your work. Drill it.

Oh. We are PG-13 here.

"Don't call me bhaiya. Call me Mihir only. Why are you ignoring me?"

"Ignoring you? We hardly know each other. How can I ignore you?"

"Babu. You are talking to everyone. You are laughing with everyone. Not me. Why? What have I done? Am I a bad person? Did I say something? Why do you just stop laughing when you see me? Tell me. Do I need to change something in me? Do I need to be more polite and humble? I don't look good. What is it?" He said it. This means he cares. He cares more than I thought. Only a few days and I am in his veins. Ok. Somebody loves me in this world, after my family and Keshav.

I turned back to muster the courage to say it. To propose to him. But when I did turn back. I was about to faint. I saw Apurva's lips on Mihir's lips. The tall beautiful personality kissing my first infatuation. Wow! This has to be a joke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too short? 

Too quick to judge things. 

Suspense, Amarsahara.