4. It ends with...ME.

Now I had been addicted to the play-coy game. Every time Apurva would pass along the corridors I would smile shyly, my friends would tease me, I would slap Lakshya's back to silence him, she would smile and this went on for the next few days. Now my friends were urging me to take the game to Level 2. I felt as if I were a criminal standing on the edge of a diving board being poked by swords to jump into the sea full of sharks. Nevertheless, I wanted to do justice to my game. The very next Monday, I came to class, threw my bag and ran to stand outside her class.

As usual, Apurva came to class at 7:45 a.m. She saw me and smiled and entered the class only to look through the window and smile again. The game felt real now. She came outside looking fidgety and restless as if she wanted to say something. The bell rang and I rushed to class – five minutes late.

My class teacher was already there.

Teacher: Where were you?

Some random classmate: Eyeing girls, Sir.

Teacher: Really Amar? Is it true?

Me: NO, no, no.. Sir. I was uh..in..the... library.

Teacher: Library? Today the librarian is absent and the library closed. I didn't know there was a secret library in school.

Me: Sir...I forgot I was there in the staff room. With...uh...miss Soumika. For Debate practice... Yes.

Teacher: Which Miss Soumika? She is absent my dear. And don't you remember you lost in the Zonal debate a month ago? The very event for which you missed all your classes and got scolded by every teacher. I think your memory is deteriorating.

The devilish smirk from our teacher was enough for me to understand that there was no escaping now. I put down my arms and accepted the punishment gracefully. Little did I know that my teacher could be so cruel to make me fill up the entire class' name in his marks entry book and separate the files and projects of our seniors which amounted to 80 in number. 

After spending two hours in a dark, dingy room, I came back to class, victorious. Having been taunted by every teacher about my sinking marks, I strapped my bag ready to leave. And then I saw Apurva coming from the North. I tidied my hair and tucked in my shirt to make a good impression.

 She came up to me and said: "Amar. I think I am in love. So will you please consider talking to your best friend, Lakshya? I like him and I see you as my elder brother. Please do it for me. Talk to him and get us in a relationship. You can do this much for your little sister. Can't you?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Sorry for the late update btw. I was super busy on Sunday and my laptop ran out of battery. I have written the drafts of the next two parts, but I need to keep deadlining myself in order to stay disciplined.

Anyway. please share it with people having a shit time like me. The next part will be out on 15th September. This is 2023 btw. I am 15. 

Upcoming: My first poem I wrote when I was 14. True... facts.

Love, Amarsahara.