11. Do or DIE.

I was not able to breathe. I felt as if I were drowning in a whirlpool of madness that devoured me deeper into it. I was struggling and struggling with my destiny. I was destined to die. No matter how far I ran I would have to finally meet my eternal fate. For who has been able to escape the final judgement of the Creator? I was drowning deeper. Water was gushing everywhere. I was suffocating. I never knew death would be so painful. My last moments were as helpless as my first minutes on this planet. I was a helpless kid. God knows why was I Amarsahara when I could not support myself. How was I supposed to serve the eternal bond I had with a few souls on this planet?

Just before I opened my arms to succumb to death, I opened my eyes. I was perspiring heavily. I was sandwiched between my two oversized killer whale-type cousins. And to top that, I had three blankets on top of me. I was about to die when I crawled out of Hell for thin people like me.

The day was a Sunday. Everything was going normal. By normal I mean normal. I was not invited by the prime minister to attend a meeting in the Rajya Sabha, neither was I going to KBC and winning five lakhs. It was a pretty normal day. But demons come out at night. Don't they?

I wore my slippers and walked on the path where my feet led me. I strolled off to the Staff colony. It was around six o'clock in the evening. The sun had set and it was getting chilly. November had just started to kick in. Did I mention that we are already in November? Oh. Now I did.

Kids were going back home after attending their tuition. Men were driving through the dusty roads back to the mines. After all, Dhanbad was famous for mines and being related to the Gangs of Wasepur.

I never realised when I had entered the colony and came face to face with the man. His black beard and hair were more prominent in the dark due to his contrasting ivory. His eyes were now filled with hunger. Amber fiery with hunger. He was looking straight into my eyes. His gaze paralysed me. His hands were callused with the victories and sins of youth. His forehead tensed because of the sins he was going to commit with me. I did not even know his name and we were no more than strangers to each other. But did that matter? No. Not today. I had waited for four months for him. And I think he felt the same. The question was: will he agree?

Yes, he will. He has to. There is no other way. Either he will accept what I do today or lose me forever.

"What is your name?"

"So rude. I think you should call me bhaiya." He held my neck with his hand and squeezed it.

"We do not share that kind of relationship."

"Oh. What relationship are we in?" He slid his arms around my waist. This was accelerating faster than I had expected.

"Deepak. The kind where I dream about you when I look into the mirror. The kind where I will be happy without you but alive with you."

"Really. Babu? Then we are in a relationship where I am jealous of the girl who holds your hand. Jealous of those people who see you when you place that Gulmohar flower behind your ear. Jealous of my own best friend who gets to talk to you while I wait for you to pass. But I can not do anything. A helpless hopeless case."

We both closed our eyes and our forehead touched. Time froze. The wind blew and everything else did not matter anymore. In no time they would see us. But now a room was all we needed.

"I heard that you have a weak memory, Deepak. Would you allow me to improve it?"

He opened his eyes. The orange orbs pleaded for my help. They were innocuous but I was controlled. Today was the day when it would happen. Either we would do or die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, guys. You are in Hell now. No help is needed.

Hellp. Amarsahara.

 Amarsahara