17. Love You To The Sky And Back.

I was being sucked by the infinite loop of time. Was my life ending this early? Did I deserve no more?

Nope. I guess I deserved a bit more than being crushed to death by my non-existent boyfriend's secret house. I guess I deserve more than just this. Author? What do you think?

And so did I. No sooner did I die the most heroic movie-ending death in the history of ending deaths than my mother woke me up. Expectations versus Reality.

Oh. So had I been dreaming since yesterday? I had slept early yesterday. And this whole drama was a dream? How is it possible? I felt like I had been watching the most beautiful movie ever. Until it burst like a balloon. What was I thinking? Being the protagonist of the famous 'Unrequited Love' story, how could I expect to get true love? I was drenched with sweat. I was scared because this movie had more nightmares than good endings.

I was brushing my teeth watching the water gushing down the tap, then filling the bucket, the bucket overflowing and my mom coming and knocking me out. I had wanted to do something but I did not. Isn't this what is life? You see you are in danger, and you know it is wrong but you don't do anything. You want to do something and you can do something but you won't do anything. Why? No one knows why. It is a perception faced by all. It can not be answered but only felt. Do you ever ask a person mad in love as to why they fell in love with only that other person and not you? Do you ever ask yourself why you do not study for months and end up getting scores lower than the basketball points I manage to score against Somya? No. there is no answer to these questions.

Things moved on quickly and the year flew away. The incident where Deepak winked at me was as real as the Aurora Borealis. But the fictional plot from there on was a dream. I was deprived of love again. But isn't that why I was a human? If love would have come by so easily, why would William Shakespeare write 'Romeo And Juliet'?

Time flew and December came. Our Youth Festival was organised and to nobody's surprise...I lost. But Somya won the third prize in the Junior Basketball event. And to nobody's surprise...She was crying. And everyone in their team was unhappy. I saw Harshita Di (HER-SHE-TAH) in tears and felt the ground rattle. She was one of the strongest people I ever saw and she was broken-hearted. Doesn't it make sense? When you lose constantly, the third prize is Viagra for you. It strengthens your confidence and you hope for more and more. Success and hope are two bad bitches! They leave men wanting more and more. For women, hope is a  perfect man which can not be a paradox in this world.

The youth festival ended and my friend Anaya was there with me laughing and talking. In the chilly winds of January, I was reminded that my birthday was coming on the 6th. The day when Amarsahara was born. The day when my family rejoiced. There was nothing special about my birthday and I felt useless. I was never excited about it. What is so exciting about being born on that day? And if I became too excited, my exams in February would skin me alive. But this year, I was waiting for Deepak to wish me. Alas! He did not know about it. This year I was turning 15 and I was growing older. Billie Eilish had been 13 when she uploaded her first song. I was late!!!!

Nevertheless, the fact that Anaya and I would be parting ways next year when she would move out was dreading. It haunted me like the Chellam queen of the demons. The 9 years of friendship...

Our exams went well. And I was relaxing. The fact that I would be in 10th this year was exciting and cool.

And so let's welcome:2023

It was March. And wow! I forgot Anaya's birthday on the 4th. I talked to her two days ago and then I forgot about it completely. But another big mistake I made was closely observing people.